Sunday, July 26, 2009

i'm from the country and i like it that way...

so, we've been living in oregon for 2 1/2 months now. i've been a bad blogger. i know. we've been living it up at nana and papa's house with everything we really need and want here. every afternoon is spent poolside with lots of extra time to play with holly (the dog), ride our bikes, water nana's plants, and get lots of extra lovin' from nana, papa, taylor and ashley! we're so grateful to them in letting us stay here for a while.

we have actually found a place to live and will move in about a week. we are very excited to get into our own place and to finally feel a little more settled in oregon. travis has been working full-time at the office now for a couple weeks and is slowly, but surely, getting more and more patients. he's happy to be back at work and practicing dentistry! i am so proud of all of his hard work during school and now to be successful. it's real and is actually happening! yay!


i still miss all of you boston friends! it's amazing how connected you become to those people while your husbands are busy in school. we really are loving being done with school, though and being real people! here are just a few pictures of what's been going on lately.

dr. travis with his name on the door! it's really cool to see his name on all the signs.and his first advertisement! this was in a couple local papers this weekend. if any of you live in the area or have family and friends who do, feel free to pass on the information.calvin is usually exhausted at the end of every day! he stays prett busy around here! plus, who could resist nana's big bed?!and he sits! the day after we got back from my family reunion he started this. just shy of 6 months.



and this is proof that a city girl can survive in the country. i mowed the field one day to help out because this whole family suffers from allergies. so if any of you want to picture my oregon life, try this picture! ha.

14 comments:

mom2cherreys said...

Congrats on the business and the new place, are you renting for now or buying? Looks like things are going so well for you. The boys already look so much bigger, especially Miles. Glad to hear your summer has been great!

P.S. Do you think you could send me your broccoli soup recipe? I was thinking about it the other day and having been craving it ever since!

Tamsen said...

Glad things are going so well for you.

You look good in a tractor:)

Andrea said...

several random comments

I have two cavities. I need TRavis in my life.

That is not the country. I see a house in the distance. (sarcasm ensues)

In this country, people don't even mow their lawns. The cows do it for them.

calvin sits. Trey does not. i fear my child has development issues.

i miss u.

do u feel alisa is having a boy or girl?

Andrea said...

oh and i want to see your hot new house.

Andrea said...

I said calvin. i meant miles.

brain fart.

Kristi said...

Wow! It looks like things are going well for you guys. As a kid we used to drive all the way from Vancouver just because Rick is the best. If my insurance covered it, I'd totally go all the way down there to let my kids have Rick or Travis do their teeth! It's too bad my insurance stinks! Congratulations on everything and good luck with the move.

kristen said...

Oh I love it all, I'm calling you now

Elisabeth (and Tyler) said...

I have missed you so much!! Hooray for being real grown-ups :) I'm still working on a plan to move to Portland in a year. Want to start researching real estate development companies with me?

Janelle said...

you make that tractor mower look good. and congrats on the real life and upcoming home of your own.

Lindsey said...

I love the update! that ad is awesome! It seems weird to me that my bro is a real dentist!

I'm excited to come out in a couple weeks and hang out! Love the mowing picture - I'm proud of the mow job! Plus its kinda fun driving a tractor around hu?

Meredith said...

I'd hire you to mow my lawn and Travis to be my dentist in a heart beat! We miss you organizing fun stuff for us girls.

Jami said...

We are so glad we will be able to see ya more often. Still can't believe Travis is a dentist, I remember when he was a baby- boy am I old :) Congrats!

Eric and Brooke said...

so cool Liz...glad things are going so well..keep us posted.

kristen said...

hey stop looking at other people's blogs and start posting on your own! (that was said in the meanest possible voice ever...hehe) i miss you, pick up your phone west coast!