18: days since i last blogged.
10: days we have been living in our new house.
10: number of boxes still left to unpack.
1: camera cord to find so i can upload pictures.
44: number of empty boxes sitting in my garage. (i have a garage, people!)
4: weeks that travis has been seeing patients.
we finally made the move into our own house and are loving it! we still need some furniture to help fill this place, but trust me, that will come. you may remember this post about boston and apartment living. i LOVE living in a house. with a driveway. and a garage. and a kitchen big enough for a kitchen table. a fenced-in backyard. an extra room for a desk and my sewing machine and other projects. and 2 bathrooms. get the point? we have been so busy and non-stop since the time we moved. unpacking with 2 small boys is definitely a challenge. we have also been busy, busy with some advertising getting dr. travis' name out in the community to try and attract some new patients. on saturday we were apart of a local parade in a great 1930's car waving like we were famous and important. all four of us. pics to come, i promise. and then we spent the rest of the day in a booth at a park giving away prizes and meeting new potential patients. we really were exhausted by the end of the day but it was really fun being involved in the community and we are already seeing benefits from our efforts. thank you to everyone else who was involved! we are also really enjoying being so close to travis' family and the rewards that come from that. when any other family comes to visit, we get to see them too. any special event that we were used to missing, we now get to be apart of. i love running into trav's relatives at costco and target. i have NEVER had that. anyway, i promise to be more on top of things as our lives eventually start to slow down! off to fine my camera cord...
10 comments:
Yeah, when life slows down please let me know how you made that happen :)
livin the life :)
Liz! shall I hop on my personal jet and come see you tonight? I think that would be fun. I'm so excited for you--you have a house, a husband with his real job, two cute boys. and what do you mean you were "acting" like you were famous in that parade--I'm pretty sure everyone knows about you by now. you're amazing. especially after that tractor scene (that pic made me laugh--love you!). i'm going to try your yummy choc chip cookies this weekend that you put on your food blog. love you, miss you.
bye.
bye liz.
yup, uh, bye.
oh I cant wait, I am so excited for you guys, you are having so much fun!! One of these days we will make it up there to see you.
Miss ya
Sounds like busy life can be great. So excited for you guys!
How fun! I am sure you can't even express how nice it is to be in your own house and doing the things you have been thinking about for the past 4 years. I can't wait to see pictures of everything! Way to go Travis on 4 weeks and counting, I'm sure you are doing great!
pictures, pictures, we want pictures! and lots of 'em. every square inch so we can feel like we're practically there on a tour. :) and now that you have space to spare, we will be coming soon to visit. have fun living the american dream!
glad you have internet now! Glad you are here....your house is perfect for you guys! A lot of space for you to enjoy!!!You didn't mention the blackberry bushes along side your driveway!! :).....we will need to get together again, soon....you are welcome to come up here any time you want!!!
I have definitely missed you lately! I know I am not the best blogger, but I love reading others. I am so excited you found a house and are getting settled, and that you like your new area!! Hope things continue to go well for you, and slows down enough for pictures!
So fun! I am glad to hear that you are settling into YOUR house (I can't even imagine having a house...how exciting to have one to call your own!!!).
Post a Comment