Monday, January 16, 2012

welcome alexa jean!

i know. it's been almost a week. i guess i've just been busy loving on this little girl and trying to rest and take care of our little family as much as possible. i've had a lot of people ask about why i decided to get induced, especially one day after miles' birthday. really, there's not much of a reason except that i was ready to have this baby! i also needed to be on antibiotics for 4 hours before she was born so it was easier to control it this way. also, travis doesn't work on mondays so it seemed best to have it done on a friday so that we could have the whole weekend with him home. i've heard of a lot of horror stories with being induced but mine was far from that. i had my water broken just before 8 am, started feeling strong contractions around 9:30, got my epidural around 10:45, had a small dose of pitocin around 11:30, and on friday, january 13th at 2:23 PM our baby girl was born! there were no problems, travis was right there and alexa is healthy and such a good baby! i hate to actually write it down in fear that i will jinx it, but she is an angel baby. she hardly cries unless she's hungry or after her bath. she is just so chill. i love having pink in the house and feeling a little more girly around here! the boys love having her around and often ask to hold her. we are, basically, all in love!

her stats: 7 lbs, 12 oz, 19 1/2 inches long. full head of light brown hair with a lot of blonde mixed in. looks like a girl version of her brothers when they were babies. see? calvin and miles(pics not working, sorry!)












i guess we're all a little tired around here! this was our first night home from the hospital. miles is also, apparently, exhausted from this little newborn!

13 comments:

Katie and Eric said...

Oh, I love her already! She is a doll. I am so glad everything went so well. We love you!

Janelle said...

Oh, I love her already! Liz, she is so, so beautiful! She is so perfect with all that hair and those little fingers and that filled out face! I can't believe how tiny she looks with Miles and Calvin next to her. Newborns are simply magical! I'm glad you've spent the first week ignoring the world and just enjoying and cuddling her (well, mixed with all that work that comes with it!) because they really do grow up way too fast out of that sweet, fresh-from-heaven newborn stage. I love all the pink and her brothers being so proud and protective of her already. A family of 5--congrats!

Alissa said...

yay! i've been waiting for more pictures! she really is so, so cute and squishy. and i can't believe you have THREE KIDS! amazing. and adorable. rest up, elizabeth. love to you!

Jill said...

Inductions are the only way to go, in my opinion. Don't let anyone get you down over it!

She is so cute and I love the hair on your newborns, it's awesome! Can't wait to see more and more pictures!

The Mormon Monk said...

Wait a minute--did she arrive on Friday the 13th? That's when our little Ruth Anne made her debut. Congratulations!

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

Oh, she is a dream! I love her already. I love the two older brothers too. I bet your boys will just continue to love on her, if they are anything like mine, and I have a feeling they are. :) You are going to love doing laundry and finding all these pink things mixed in with everything else. I hope you are doing well. I tried to give you a call a week or so ago and I will call again. I can't wait to hear how you are doing. Lot of love!

Brittney said...

She is so adorable!! Congrats!! You're so lucky with the crying thing (we're not so fortunate around here)... hopefully it stays that way!

Andrea said...

i'm 100% obsessed with your child.

Meghan Smith said...

i am dying at that picture of miles! i can't stop laughing!
Love love love that baby!

Jenae said...

Liz, she is so adorable! I am in love with her hair!! I was induced with 2 of my 3 and if I could go back and do it over again, I would still pick to be induced! I am so excited you get to add a splash of pink to your home. Girls are a lot of fun, but now you have to come up with a new name for your blog! Congratulations again!!

amy stansel said...

oh what a beautiful beautiful family!!! Why do you look so good right after having a baby?!?!? I miss you and am so so happy for you!

Marianne said...

How fun to have her home and I am sure you are loving the pink! congrats again--she's beautiful!

the Bunker Family said...

Congrats! We're adjusting to life with 3 around these parts too. We'll have to get our brood together again with yours sometime soon. Hope your #3 is a better sleeper than ours is! Good thing they're so dang cute. Enjoy your little lady!