Tuesday, October 06, 2009

one happy mama.

we just got back last night from a wonderful trip here:
to attend this:

with most of trav's office.

i forgot my camera but will steal some pictures to post more later. we had a great, relaxing trip but it is also good to be home again. this morning before heading up to my sister's house to pick up the boys, travis and i headed to the car dealership to finalize and sign papers to buy this:

we've been researching and looking around for a while trying to decide what the best option for a second car would be. after a long process, we finally decided on the mazda cx9. it's a great family car without going the mini-van route. (i couldn't bring myself to do it!) i am so happy with our choice. it's kind of nice to be a two-car family. and now i'm off to decorate for halloween/fall. i feel behind since i was gone on october 1. already 6 days into october and i feel the need to catch up! happy decorating everyone!

8 comments:

Melonius said...

I tried *so* hard not to get a minivan! but there just are so few alternatives that work. ours is a mazda too. we got it cause it had all the features I liked in the Odyssey but in a miniature and less expensive version. technically it is listed on all the forms as a station wagon.

kristen said...

NERD alert... who forgets their camera when they go to paradise!? jk... you know i'm just still jealous. cool car! is it RED so you can find it in parking lots? i wouldn't want you to get lost! i'm proud of you. you know why.

Lindsey said...

all the exciting things are going on at your house! congrats on the car! it looks awesome.

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

jealous. :) It looks like you guys are doing well and having a lot of fun! Sure miss you. Maybe someday we will be able to get our little boys together.

Janelle said...

the vacay sounds so fun and the new wheels are hot! welcome home.

akdoxey said...

Wow- I can't wait to get out of the school-status life. Writing off trips, buying new cars. Nice. And I'm so envious of your weekend. Really, I'm happy for you, it's nice to know you put in some good time to reap the benefits later.

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

It was SO good to see you this weekend! I hope you made to home safely.

Amber said...

congrats on the 2nd car--we just bought a 2nd car after only having 1 for about 6 years-and I agree--it is fun!