Monday, September 28, 2009

family weekend.

we had a great weekend with my sisters and their families. it was ryan's birthday on saturday and since we get the byu games on the mtn., ryan couldn't think of anyone he would rather spend his birthday with than with us! alisa and ryan came down friday night to sleep and then we woke up saturday morning with a big birthday breakfast, morning hike/park time, and a quick trip to the mall. keri and her family made it in time for lunch. we had a great meal with lots of food. in fact, i don't think any of us were ready to eat anything else the rest of the day. (ok, ok, i ate a huge piece of cake around 8:00). it was pretty quick but i loved hosting everyone in my home. (and, i know my pictures are HORRIBLE. i really need a new camera. these are all really blurry)

travis and i have also been talking lately about how we really enjoy our weekends. he works some saturday mornings but then he doesn't go into the office again until tuesday at noon. it is really nice. and this week we get to enjoy a "perk" of the dental world by attending the ada conference in none other than hawaii. we're looking forward to a fun trip and break from real life for a few days! a-lo-HA.

on our walk

birthday breakfast


calvin loves "weesa".


"yeah, my mom totally rocks!"


poor miles. we had to put him on the floor because all our chairs were being occupied. then, he probably thought we forgot about him because he just fell asleep. birthdays wear this kid out, it seems.


poor jessica. she really doesn't belong at the kid table but every time we get together that's where she sits! i told her when i get a bigger kitchen that can hold more people, she's the first person who will be invited over to sit with us.



the older people table.


aw. my boys.


this is for the baby bump. i think it's adorable.


we have been getting calvin ready for his birthday that is just about a month away now. any time we go to the store he wants to look at toys. i always have to remind him that we aren't bringing any toys home but that we can look and see if he wants some for his birthday. any time i say anything about his birthday he says, "bring home 5 toys! i love toys". he still doesn't quite get the concept of time so we made a birthday countdown chain hoping it will help when he says, "mom, birthday now?". on saturday, alisa asked him who's birthday it was and he said "um...wyan and...me!" we're getting it. so the first time we sang happy birthday to ryan we were trying to make it clear who's birthday it was. this is probably the 9th time we sang to ryan that day. i thought it was cute.

7 comments:

The Imperfect Pie said...

I REAAAAALLY miss you guys. Alisa is so cute! Isn't it so fun to host these get togethers in your own house? makes you feel so grown up. and I have to say that I'm so glad you admitted to eating a huge piece of cake after such a full day of eating--ha! yesterday david and I went all out and made a huge meal with egg rolls, sweet and sour soup, rice, etc. we were so full...and then as soon as we were done I made myself a big bowl of vanilla ice cream with hot fudge. there's always room.

your house is adorable and so are your boys. love you!

Andrea said...

Poor Poor Miles. Such a funny picture. I laughed.

Oh, how I miss you and Alisa!

You look great and I've determined I should have married a dentist. JK.

Amber said...

Awesome--Have fun in Hawaii. I tried to convince Sam to attend that conference but it was a no go--his work usually pays for his conferences, but I guess they don't spring for Hawaii--lame! :-)

Lindsey said...

that picture of miles is just AWESOME!! haha too funny.

What a fun weekend! Thats really cute about calvin and his birthday. I'm totally jealous you guys are going to hawaii! Seems like life is settling down and things are good for you.

We'll have to skype when you get back!

Marianne said...

I want a "family weekend" with ya'll! I love the pics and please tell Calvin and Ryan happy belated birthday for me! Alisa-I love your baby bump and Liz that picture of miles sleeping is so cute!

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

Are you sure Calvin doesn't "wove weesa"????.....you have picked a great week to be in Hawaii....Calvin keeps telling me he "woves" the cool toys!!! :).....he is adorable! It was fun to be at your home on Saturday! I love our get togethers!

Jenae said...

Cute pictures!! I am so excited to for you and Alisa to live so close to each other, but seeing all these fun pictures of you guys together makes me miss all the fun times we had together, and I can't help but wonder how fun it would be if all our little families could be closer, and what kind of trouble our kids could get into. Oh! and your house looks so good. It is so fun to decorate your own "home" we hope to finish some of our many projects soon... Love ya!!