calvin had his 15 month appointment this week and i can't believe how big he is getting! he has always done well at his appointments and i didn't think this one would be bad but then i found out he would be getting 3 shots! i felt so bad and i always feel sad when he looks at me, screaming, wondering what i am letting happen to him!! it's so sad. don't worry, though, he got lots of extra treats that day. here are his stats:weight: 25 pounds (60th percentile)
height: i can't remember the exact inches but he was in the 98th percentile!!
it really is hard to believe how big he is getting and how much he is learning. calvin really only has a couple words that only trav and i understand but i have been teaching him some sign language and he is a pro! here are some of the things he knows how to sign:
"all done"
"more"
"please"
"thank you" (which is so cute to watch him do)
"treat"
"drink"
"milk"
his only words are bup (up), dat (that), dad (dad), and mama, but only when he's sad. it's so nice to be able to communicate and watch his little mind as he starts to comprehend things. so, he may not be talking very much and a little behind in that category but we've always known that he's a bit physically advanced. want some proof? here's what calvin spent most of yesterday and today doing(with no help from trav or me):
"ready, set..."
"...go!"
9 comments:
He is getting big....and so cute! That is awesome that you are teaching him sign....they say that kids pick up on that quicker than verbal speaking....i wish i had known sign with Jared....it would have helped a lot!!!!
That is too funny! I love the picture of him flying through the air. I am pretty sure he is physically advanced or Jackson is majorly behind. :) Huge fan of Sign Language! It makes such a difference to be able to communicate things.
I would have like to try sign language, but my dang girls talk so much and so early that it's not worth it. And of course he's not talking a ton--he's a boy! And of course he's flying through the air--he's a boy! Neither of my girls walked until they were 14 1/2 and 15 1/2 months, but talk...oh baby, do they ever talk. I'm not sure which one is more preferable. The talking a lot or the super active!
I love the action shot... although it doesn't look like Travis was ready for Calvin to fly at him. He's growing up so fast!!
Liz-
Love this post because it reminds me of Ryan(he only says a handful of words and bursts off the coffee table too):)
Great picture!
Calvin is growing up so fast!!! What a cutie. We love you guys!
Hes so sweet. I wish I could know him better...:(
Trevor just told me he didn't talk till he was four. Now, he is anything BUT short of words.
Liz I am laughing OUT LOUD!!! This is soooo funny. Andy can't believe it and thinks calvin is going to be some genius child. I said lucas climbs but he would never do what calvin is doing. I have a hard time picturing him doing it in 2 more months. this is too funny and i got a good laugh at the "ctotch shot" Why is that cracking me up?!??!?!
ps i agree with your friend.... travis is just sitting there chillin' like a villin. Hardly looks like a nervous first time parent ready to catch his son and fearful he might break his neck!!!! love it!!
Post a Comment