when i was younger i remember my parents always saying how fast time seemed to fly. and they always said it during the times that it seemed to d r a g on for me, like waiting for christmas or every birthday. i'm starting to understand a little better where they were coming from, though.
it is definitely starting to look a lot like christmas around here and you better believe i am loving it! (guess it doesn't hurt that i've been listening to christmas music since halloween. shh, no one tell my mom. *love you mom) christmas decorations are up, tree on monday, christmas parties start this weekend, family starts arriving next weekend, christmas shopping is wrapping up, the weather is turning colder and the days are getting longer, and i can't stop thinking about BAKING christmas treats galore. too bad i promised myself and travis that anything i bake this season, i will be giving it away. neither of us need it around here, that's for sure.
before christmas posts start, though, i better give a little update on the last little while.
-we had a great thanksgiving with lots of family around! we are lucky to live by a lot of travis' family so we had a great meal with 28 of us together. it was my first thanksgiving with travis' family and it did not disappoint. i am so lucky to have such great in-laws.
-amber came to portland again for thanksgiving this year. i love that she has family here to come visit so that i get to see more of her even though i already consider her family. she's so good to my boys, too. amber has a love for books and reading that i admire so much and i'm glad she passes it on to my boys. love ya am! (sidenote: amber, i just realized that i call you am and alisa calls you ber. has it always been that way? kind of funny/wierd.)
i had to throw this one in there, too. innocent kissing cousins. look out all you 1 and 2 year old girls!
-last, but not least, introducing the newest additions to our family! i haven't left you all out in the cold on purpose, promise. calvin got two new chicks for his birthday. he's been wanting "pets" forever and i just don't like them. somehow travis convinced me that this was a good compromise since they'll never come in the house and that within 6 months i'll get fresh eggs, too. so far it really hasn't been that bad and i really don't have to do anything for them. travis takes care of most of it (which isn't much) and i just open their door during the day so they can come out and wander in our yard if they want. here they are at 5 and 6 weeks old after we first got them:
look how tiny they were compared to the apple.
10 comments:
a.) HILARIOUS that you have chicks!
b.) there is one very important person missing from that picture of you three...:(
i love that you have chicks running around your backyard
i can hear you saying, "calvin can you go get some eggs from the doghouse so i can finish making these cookies?!"
so fun to see my 3 fashionable sisters all in one picture!! and you have chicks?? Matt says you must be going kind of granola there in the NW!! enjoy your Christmas season!
Um....chicks? I NEVER would have predicted! :) Do they have names? And when is our phone date? I miss you!
That is so funny that you have chicks! And fresh eggs? Love it! So glad you got to see Amber...how fun! It sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving and that your December is well on its way!
Oh my goodness Liz, I had a dream like a YEAR ago that you had a bunch of chickens. ha! that's so funny. it was a revelation. Hazel is jealous and so am I! Fresh eggs!
Hello Liz. My name is Hayley and I am Amber's cousin - I think we met way back when we were freshman in college :)
Anyway, I noticed on your blog (which I read and love - I have 2 little boys too :)) those incredibly cute crocheted flowers that you made and I was wondering if you would ever make some that I could BUY for a couple of people on my Christmas list.
I think they are so cute and I agree that you should open an etsy shop.
I don't know if you would even be interested in this, but if so, will you email me and let me know?
It's hayleybrooke@gmail.com
Thanks!
I agree that time seems to just fly by! and it feels like it gets faster and faster!
When my mom told me you guys got chicks a few weeks ago I thought you guys were crazy! But it sounds like they are super easy maintenance so maybe you're not so crazy :) I CAN'T wait to get there in a few days! see you soon.
first of all, Lucy totally wants in on that kissing action! Open mouth kisses are her favorite thing right now--she will kiss everyone and every book, everything! trouble.
second of all--you have chicks??? I love you!
Post a Comment