Saturday, January 31, 2009

life with two.

to say that, in the past 3 weeks, my life got busier would be an understatement. travis' mom left on sunday which means i have been doing this by myself for a whole week now. i am happy to report that not only did we all survive but we also got out of the house a couple days to run around and help me feel 'normal'. a few things to note about this week:


-i had definitely gotten used to having kari help me with the nighttime feedings. i remembered very quickly how tiring it is to have a newborn only this time i also have a two year old to take care of, too!
-speaking of my two year old...calvin decided this week that he is done taking naps and by thursday, i finally believed him. after days of coaxing and begging him to take a nap, i realized that this little boy just doesn't need them anymore. good timing, huh? don't worry, quiet time has been put into place.
-the next two weeks are two of travis' busiest. he takes the national boards part two on wednesday and thursday, the NERB (clinical) on sunday, and the NERB (written) on the following wednesday. i'm SO glad my mom is coming tuesday.
-miles is growing like a weed and is still a really good baby. i do way more laundry than i have ever done before due to his spitting up so much. he still wakes up at least twice in the middle of the night but i really don't mind it as much this time around.
-we found our new indoor (free) winter activity: mcdonald's playland. we spent almost 2 1/2 hours there on thursday. calvin loves it.
-i am so blessed with great friends. i didn't have to make dinner one night this whole week. thank you to everyone who brought meals. and, thanks to k & l i was able to take a great nap yesterday while they took calvin.

and some pictures.
love these baby legs!

a little more tub time. don't worry, calvin does take his big boy bubble baths. we only had a few nights of baby tub time.

big brother sharing with little brother.

and my three favorite guys! yep, they are all definitely related.

16 comments:

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

Fun pictures!!! Cute cute cute! Sorry that Calvin is giving up naps....that is never a fun day....i was lucky....mine napped until age 3, so i didn't have to give them up quite so early....but, quiet times took over....stick to it....that is how you stay sane....even if it is just an hour or so....you need some Liz time! Have fun with mom!

Camie said...

Yay for more pictures!! Miles has an adorable little chubby face--I love it!! And so sorry to hear about the nap times. That is not good timing! Maybe Grandma C can 're-teach' him how to nap--she's the expert mama!

Lindsey said...

Love the update and the pictures. It will be great to have your mom there while trav is busy these next few weeks! We are still totally bummed that we won't get to meet miles while he is still somewhat of a baby.

Elizabeth said...

Yeah for an update with pictures! Seriously, it's so fun to see what your little family is up to as you adjust to life with one more boy. Sounds like you've had a successful week. Isn'tit funny how a trip to the grocery store or the library makes you feel so normal again. Way to get out there on your own!

Stephanie Pulham said...

Hey Liz (and Travis too) Congratulations! I just saw you had little Miles. He really is a cute baby. congrats

Emily said...

You are doing a great job! I cant belive Calvin has given up his naps!

Miles is so little, I am a little baby hungry these days!

I love Clavins baby tub time! Funny!

The Imperfect Pie said...

Liz! Looks like you're doing a great job. Isn't it so amazing to have a little tiny baby in your arms again? I am loving it. Good for you for getting out and giving Calvin some play time at McDonalds. Since Hazel's been sick, she's been cooped up in the house with lots of Disney movies. *sigh. We'll get out one day and I'll get to really try out this two kid thing.

Love you!
Janelle
P.S. you look great!

John and Tamsen said...

Great pictures!
I know the hardest thing I found with having 2 was not being able to sleep whenever the baby slept.
By the way, you look great Liz.

Janelle said...

THANK you! I've been checking back all the time to get an update, so I was so happy to read this one and see more pictures of baby Miles. I'm so glad to hear you're surviving and even thriving, and that your mom will be there soon to give you some much-deserved respite. Love you!

mom2cherreys said...

Your little men are beautiful. Glad you are starting to get up and running. When life settles a little more we should have you over for dinner. I need to redeem myself from the other night, I still can't figure out what went wrong!

Greg and Bethanie said...

Congrats! Miles is adorable, and Calvin reminds me so much of Travis when we were little. Tell Travis good luck on the boards for us!! Congrats again!

Meredith said...

congratulations on the new baby! he looks so sweet. i love that picture of you with him on your chest. i'm sure you're doing a great job as a mom with kidS.

ANJ said...

i want to talk to you about this boy! i'm calling you soon... love you!

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

so so so cute! I loved all the pictures and hearing how life is going. The realities of having more than one child etc. I am sure I don't even realize what I am getting into. :)

Becca Openshaw said...

i thought you said calvin had big boy toys for his big boy bathtub... just kidding... he is soo cute.. i missed miles today! :( He is getting soo big...

Jill said...

Congrats on your new bundle of joy!