Sunday, January 18, 2009

getting the hang of it.

it was a week ago tonight that i went into labor and it has flown by! it is so good to be home with miles and to be our little family of four. travis' mom has been in town since monday and it has been so helpful having her here. we are all remembering what it is like to have a newborn around again but it is so much easier the second time around. we have been so blessed with this little baby. he is so easy-going and content.

calvin is doing a great job adjusting, too. most of the time he doesn't really seem to notice miles very much except when he sneezes, burps or spits up. then he thinks he is the funniest kid ever! i think he is starting to wonder, though, when the baby is leaving as he has started competing for my time a little bit more. and tonight when i was getting the little tub ready to give miles a bath calvin really wanted to have a bath in the baby's tub, too. why not?!

i am really loving being a mama to these two boys. i never knew i could love two kids just the same but it is possible. and thank you to everyone for all the comments and notes and well-wishes! for now, enjoy some pictures of my boys.

miles and calvin chillin' this afternoon

we were trying so hard not to laugh during calvin's bath (not with much success). in the middle of the bath he really had to pee so we told him just to go in the sink so that we wouldn't have to take him all the way to the bathroom. (don't worry, we cleaned the sink after) it was so, so funny!

19 comments:

amy stansel said...

I a laughing sooooo hard right now at the picture of calvin in the tub!!! That is way too funny. Myles is so cute!! I love the pictures but most of all i love calvin in the tub!! All of a sudden he looks so giant and isn't it amazing that all of a sudden he is no longer your "baby".

Adah said...

Congratulations, Miles is so cute!!! I love all the hair! Calvin looks like he had a great time in the baby tub!

kristen said...

oh my gosh you know landen and i are sitting here dying. thanks for a good laugh. and i want to squeeze miles!

Camie said...

Great new pictures of Miles! I love them! And Calvin is hilarious in the bathtub--so cute! I think it's a good sign he isn't paying much attention to the baby--it means he is adjusting great, and he doesn't see it as much of an interruption for him. Get some rest!!

Tamsen said...

Nice!. I would have just told Aiden to pee in the sink too, too funny. Again, cute pictures, can't wait to meet Miles in person.

Jennie said...

Haha, so cute! I'm so glad you guys are doing so great :) Take it easy, I'm sure we'll see you soon...

Kristi said...

Miles is such a beautiful baby! Congratulations again. I'm so happy for you guys and maybe when you move out here I'll finally get to meet your family. :-)

Kara and Kevin said...

Too cute and I think it is great that you let Calvin has his bath and actually go to the bathroom in the sink. Miles is so adorable!!

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

Liz--

Good to see that Calvin isn't regressing at all (ie taking a bath in the baby tub!) That is good to see!!! Talk about lack of privacy....How funny!!!

April said...

It is amazing how the love just comes, isn't it?!
I am glad all is well.

audrey said...

love it love it! congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! look at you and your adorable boys. so fun. can't wait to meet miles!!! and calvin, i swear, is growing way too fast!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! We are so excited for you. You all look great and like you're doing well. Miles is quite the stud :o) I love all the picture! so fun!

Anonymous said...

Miles is gorgeous. Congratulations!!! Glad to hear you're doing well and adjusting to life with two.

I'll be thinking of you and Miles when I'm up feeding Owen tonight ...

xoxo

mom2cherreys said...

Dominick did the same thing when Payton was a baby. We have some of those blackmail pictures for future date nights! It is so funny the things kids want and are willing to do. Congrats, Miles is adorable! Oh by the way, looking and your babyshower pictures, who was the closest?

Jami said...

Congrats Liz and Travis,
Kari had told me it was going to be any day. I love the name Miles and love the photos you took of him. He is sooo cute, but I got a soft place in my heart for boys!
love you guys!

Becca Openshaw said...

he is soo cute... we need to see him... will you be in church on sunday?

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

Liz, I've been looking at updates and seeing the photos of cute miles, but I guess I never made a comment! Sorry. I really am so excited for you! HE looks just like Calvin to me. I love the name, I love you, and I love your cute little family! I am so glad to hear you are having fun with your new little one. I love the bathtub pictures...so great! Congratulations again!

Eric and Brooke said...

so this is what it will be like having a boy huh? peeing in the sink?

myles is so cute:) we can't wait to see you and your family...i hope you are doing well and recovering well too.

take care:) brooke

Rick said...

Congratulations! We just go back from vacation and I'm glad to see that everyone is doing well. Miles looks so much like Calvin, it's amazing. It makes me wonder if our next one will look just like Logan too.

Congratulations again!