{disclaimer: this post will only make sense to probably just a few people...}
when i was a freshman at byu, i lived in the dorms. and i loved it! one of the best parts about it was dining plus, which is a meal card that let me eat anywhere on campus and in the cafeteria right by the dorms. i usually ate most of my meals up on campus but i was usually home every night to eat dinner in the cannon center. my friends and i usually studied* until one of us started getting hungry and then we'd call each other (we lived right down the hall) and we would all head down to eat. well, for some reason, some of us couldn't stand walking the 20 yards from our dorm to the cannon center so felt the need to run as fast as we could to get there to eat. were we excited to eat the cafeteria food? usually no. excited to meet all the boys that we had called to come eat then, too? usually yes. but really, i think we just thought we had somewhere to be so let's get there fast.
so, why am i bringing this up? trav and i park our car in a lot that is specifically for our building. the only problem is that lot is probably just a little further from our back door than my dorm was from the cannon center. but for some reason, whenever i am leaving to go somewhere (without calvin) i ALWAYS run to my car. i'm not in a hurry to get anywhere, usually. i don't do it for that 1/4 pound i may be shaving off. i'm not really sure why i do this except that i do. and every time i do this i think back to the good ol' days of the cannon center and my girls running to get our food. and then i think of forest gump.

8 comments:
Liz, I totally do the same thing! Every time I cross the grassy area between my building and our neighbor boys' I run. I'm pretty sure anyone watching must think I'm always late or something. I also always run down the hallyway to my room. Definitely haven't figured that one out yet. It's not even cold!
i'm so glad i've already heard this story... and that you think of yourself as forest gump. but mostly i love the RANDOMNESS in your head!
AHHHHH this is HI-larious! i always run everywhere. sometimes i catch myself running down the hall at school (not between classes, of course... that's just intimidating) but then catch myself because i think other people might think i'm being totally nerdy.
i love it.
ps - aliss and i were definitely talking about this last weekend!
liz, let's not forget about how you were "exercising" on your way to gorge yourself at the cannon, whereas i refused to run back then. i would meander slowly from hinkley to the c squared and then stuff my face with rice krispy treats and soft serve and blue powerade.
THOSE were the days...that i gained 15 pounds. :)
thats funny you think it would be easier to run on the treadmill then Forest!
I have that urge ALL the time, and Brett NEVER runs with me. It may be cool when everyone you're with does it, but it is not cool when you do it alone and the person you are with walks the same pace. I just hate to waste potential fun time with useless walking time.
I think you run because you feel FREE!! As a student you felt free from homework for a brief period of time! As a mother, you feel free from your motherly committments for a brief period of time. "I'm free! I'm free!" I KNOW...Been there, done that! Love, Mom
Liz--
You probably won't read this comment since this post is old by now, but I just read it and I think that's so funny! YOu crack me up and I MISS you! Love you, bye Liz, bye
bye,
Janelle bye
Post a Comment