1. always plan on leaving 30 minutes earlier than you think you need to. if you do, you might get to wherever you are going on time.
2. even if you think you are changing your son's diaper as fast as you can he will still find a way to pee exactly at the moment. (and smile at you right after!)
3. when parking your car try and find a spot near the cart return terminal so that you don't have to go very far to put the cart away after your baby is already in the car. (or, don't even worry about putting it back in the right place)
4. baby gear is so cool
5. once you think you've got a routine down, it inevitably changes
6. my arms are way stronger than they've probably ever been
7. as much as i would like to take a nap during calvin's nap time, i really need to use that time to get anything semi-productive done
8. i don't care what others think while i am mothering in public and don't (not really, anyway) judge other moms for how they're mothering either. WE'RE ALL TRYING!
9. playgroups are just as much for the kids as they are for the moms, if not more
10. you really do get used to talking in the baby voice
11. anything and everything is tried to get your baby to smile and laugh as much as possible
12. it is way too fun to spoil cute babies and kids of all ages. they do really like getting new toys! here is calvin with his newest, cool toy. right when i put him in it he had a perma-smile for a really long time.
i know there's a ton more. maybe i'll update later. you gotta love this kid!
11 comments:
Yeah!! I'm the first to post!! This is a really cute post Liz!! Seems like a lot of natural learning comes with the territory when you become a mother. I'm so excited to have little kids....but not yet!
Thanks for sharing all these things Liz! You have learned so much in only a few months. It really is great to be a mama!
Fun post, it reminded me of all the things you quickly learn when you become a mom. It is so much fun! We can't wait to see you guys.
Funny Liz....you really know how it is! You seem to be such a great mom!
Liz I loved reading the comments!! I can relate to every single one!!! I want to copy and paste it into my own journal!! And i love the new toy. He is so cute!!
Calvin has the happiest, cutest face in his exersaucer!! I loved reading your "mommy lessons" and had a good chuckle with a few of them.
Liz, Adorable post. You are the greatest Mommy ever!! You are a natural. I miss you guys more than you'll ever know! I love those pictures, keep them coming. Lil' Calvin is beautiful. Give him a Nana squeeze.
Love you, Kari
I have to second everyone. This is a very good post. And props to you for figuring those all out in only a few months! Calvin is sure growing. What a cutie! Thanks for sharing.
gosh, that kid is so dang cute.
Hey girl. Are you settling into life okay? Give me a call - we need to get together and catch up and *I* need to photograph that darling baby for your blog (and mine - ha!).
xoxo, R.
preety handsome kid!!!!
Post a Comment