Monday, April 30, 2007

introducing the newest member of our family...

wallace, the fish! travis has been talking about wanting a fish for a little while now so on saturday we decided to take the plunge! although, i think this is his way of slowly easing me into the idea of someday owning a dog (sorry, not gonna happen, trav!)



why wallace, you may ask? well, my younger brother adam's middle name is wallace. but, growing up alisa and i called him wallace almost as much as we called him adam. because of that i've always wanted to name a son wallace. well, travis seems to think this isn't a good name for a little boy. i guess i'll settle for the fish.



13 comments:

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

These are cute pictures of Calvin and Wallace. I think wallace would be a very cute name for a little boy. I don't blame you on the dog thing...marc is trying to go that direction on day also. :) Welcome to the family Wallace!

Anonymous said...

Haha These pictures are priceless...I cant wait to see Cal again. It looks SO BIG!!! Wow. And i too am getting a fish! Wallace is a perfect name. Great addition to the family! Miss you three so much!!!! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

p.s. when i say "It looks so big" haha i mean He...as in Calvin! haha sorry!

Katie and Eric said...

Calvin has the cutest face. He has grown up so much. I love the fish, I think you are on your way to getting a dog!:)

Alisa said...

Wallace, huh?! Liz, when you start naming your pets "Wallace" it's not helping me out in wanting to name my son Wallace! I still want a son named Wallace. When you get your second fish, maybe you should run the name across me first.
Ha! I think it's awesome you got a fish. I didn't know people even name their fish! I thought they just kind of float around.
Remember when someone left a gold fish on our doorstep in college?...We didn't know what to do with it over Christmas so we just left it in the bowl, knowing it would die over Christmas. We came back from break and there it was...still floating around!! Alive! In the nasty water! Ha ha, remember that?!

Alisa said...

ps: Calvin's hair really is BLONDE!! There is no brown in there anymore. I can't believe it compared to when he was born!

Anonymous said...

Calvin, YOUR ADORABLE!!!! As for wanting a dog.... Travis never even liked dogs when he was a little boy. He never was much for any animal come to think of it. Wallace can be a great little friend to Calvin without much work!! Stick with the fish Liz, or you could end up with 13+ puppies like me. YUCK!!
Happy fishing!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Elizabeth!! Wallace is nice, but Calvin is priceless!! That is a beautiful picture of him and he has grown up soooo much! It is time to bond again! He doesn't even know me, yet I felt like we had such a sweet, tender relationship when he first came into this world! Love, Mom

Amy said...

Cute! Yeah that fish is going to last all of 4 days before he dies from living in a drinking glass. You thought Nemo's life was rough - poor wallace!! Ha! Ha! I am excited for you and liz i KNOW you will own a dog someday. I just see it.

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

I agree with alisa...Calvin's hair has completely changed colors! It is SO blonde! What a cute kid.

Elizabeth said...

Calvin's face is the cutest in these pictures! He's definitely not a newborn anymore. Good call on the fish, no dogs please!

ANJ said...

those are some adorable pics. i need to see this kiddo PRONTO!

Anonymous said...

LIZ!!!
On Matt and my second date we bought a fish at Wal-mart and named him Wallace Martin. HA! Wallace Martin died...better luck with this fishy.

Looking forward to meeting your cutest baby!