
i have been wondering lately what to say to people when they tell me that calvin is really cute. i normally just say "thank you" and continue on my way. but i was thinking (after i told someone thank you and they went off about how weird it was to say thank you after being told your baby is cute) that maybe i shouldn't say thank you. but i do know that i should say something...hmmm. what do you think? i think i'll keep saying thank you.
8 comments:
I think saying "thank you" is a perfect response. They gave you a compliment so how else can you respond? I suppose you could say, "I know" or "tell me something I don't already know," but then they wouldn't think very highly of you anymore. Or maybe you should just slap them and run off laughing all crazy-like.
Thank you very much for asking!!! I think thank you is just fine. Oh and I can't find your email address so just thought i'd drop you a line quick - andy thinks our new goal is a "good STRETCH goal" ha! ha! i thought it was pretty funny. Can't wait to be doing splits with you in a year! oh and whoever this jill girl is - she is funny!! I'm going to try "tell me something i don't already know"!!
ps - in this picture calvin kind of looks as though he's saying "hey mom- can you stop with the pictures already!! Can't you see I'm busy!!"
Thank you is the best response you could ever give. I agree with everyone else...what in the heck would you say if not thank you?!
Liz- you're funny! I say thank you and then follow it up with, "we're quite smitten (or taken) with him!' and then I give Andrew a huge smooch on his adorable face! The old people really like that!
i think 'thank you' is fine as well...after all, which is weirder, saying thank you to a compliment for your kiddo, or telling strangers that they have cute kids?! another response i often say is 'we think so, too!' much like your friend lizzie above.
Thank you, he gets his looks from his mom.
Richie
There is always the less humble but dead honest, "I Know! Isn't he Gorgeous!!!!
Post a Comment