A few reasons why Portland is a good place to live:(in no particular order)
1. we will probably end up living here for the rest of our lives
2. my sister, Keri and her family are moving our here in a couple of months
3. I keep making random connections of friends who are out here that I had no idea were here, for example: Meredith, Kristen and Kara all from my freshman year, Joanna who lived across from me freshman year lives here, I just found out that two of my best friends old roomate from BYU now lives here, not to mention a lot of Travis' family
4. When there's a clear, sunny day it seems so much better than it normally would
5. It's beautiful
6. Skiing year round at Mt. Hood
7. The water is much better for your hair and tastes better too (at least compared to Boston)
8. You can be 15 minutes from the city and feel like you are in the middle of nowhere
9. Alisa is going to move here someday
10. Coast, mountains, and desert all in the same state
Basically, since I know I'm going to be here for a while once we're done with school and since I'm living here right now I thought it would be a good time to start convincing the rest of my brothers and sister and parents that they should all think long and hard about Portland. I'm already a third of the way there since Keri, Alisa and I will all be here. Any other takers?
10 comments:
I would love to live in Oregon. It is a lot closer to Idaho and Utah than New York. It's a plan. You made some great points also!!! We love you guys and miss you!
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiijgyttdes,
Annie thinks so too!
Liz--
I don't have a whole lot of control over where we're going to live, but just as another 'almost' connection, my family 'almost' moved to Portland from CT, but instead we moved to Cincy. That's as close as I can get!
Liz,
Oregon sounds like a great place to live. I'm glad you're excited to make it your permanent residence someday!
Love,
Janelle
We'll live anywhere that will take us into Dental School. You conveince them to accept us and we'll be there in a heartbeat!
Sweet!! Sounds like I'm moving to Portland!! I'm up for it!
i'm still pulling for the east coast...
hurray for stumptown! i'll add another reason to move here: the summers are INCREDIBLE. i would love to have a summer home here when i am filthy rich:) oh, and the proximity of the portland temple.
I wouldn't live in Portland if you PAID me...
Oregon sounds like it could be fun, but then can you really beat 36 inches of snow in one winter? I'm not talking the mountains either! Right now it wouldn't take much to get me to move from Snowville.
Loved looking at all of your blog updates! Calvin keeps growing! He's not going to remember me, I fear, by July!!
Post a Comment