Thursday, December 21, 2006

Photo Update

I guess it's been a little while sine I've updated and figure it's about time. I am happy to report that Calvin and I are now in a third state from the time he was born 7 weeks ago. We made it to Oregon where we met up with Travis again after he took the dental boards part one. It is so nice to be our little family again. I know that Trav's family is also happy to have finally met little Cal.
Calvin grows every single day. I am amazed how much he changes from day to day. A few changes since the last time I posted: He is now about 23 1/2 inches long, weighs approximately 10 pounds or more, had his first haircut today (haha, he's only 7 weeks old), is eating a lot more food than he used to, sleeps longer at night, and smiles and coos all the time. We love this little guy!
One day last week I was trying to calm Calvin down a little bit before his nap. He was just screaming and crying and I felt like I had tried everything to get him calm. I decided I would try and swaddle him a little tighter so I layed him down right where I was, on the dining room rug, and right when I layed him down he immediately stopped crying and fell asleep for about an hour. So, I let him take his nap there instead. Sometimes he just likes not being held!!

4 comments:

Janelle said...

Thanks for the long-awaited update! We can't get enough of the little Cal pictures!
Love,
Janelle

Anonymous said...

I've been missing Calvin! I love that he's already had his first haircut. He looks darling and I love that he took a nap on the living room floor. I guess sometimes we have to think outside the box.

Anonymous said...

ain't that the truth! So often I have found that if I will just put Jackson down and leave him alone he calms himself down. I honestly think he gets tired of being held.... sometimes. Also, Calvin is getting so much bigger, just since I last saw him. Crazy! Enjoy being your cute little family again.

Ralph and Teresa said...

I'm missing him Elizabeth!! Give him a big hug and squeeze him for me. Love, Grandma

by the way...next time let me know when you post!! Thanks :)