Thursday, September 21, 2006

Big Papi catches the Foxx



Last night we went to the Red Sox game against the Twins. For those of you who aren't from Boston and don't necessarily follow baseball, they haven't done that great this year. But, they are the Red Sox and it's always fun to go to Fenway Park.

Well, last night Trav and I watched history happen! David Ortiz, better known as Big Papi, tied a 70 year old record for most homeruns in one season ever by a Boston Red Sox player. It was anticipated that it might happen at this game so from the minute he hit the ball I think everyone in the park knew it was gone! Everyone cheered so loud as he rounded the bases and continued to clap and cheer for minutes after. It was great and definitely very cool to be there for it.

David Ortiz at bat

3 comments:

Alisa said...

Liz, you cried as he rounded the bases, didn't you?!! I know you did! I would've too if I were there.

Anonymous said...

guess what i just saw?? fever pitch! i loved it and i think it would be fun to be obsessed with the Red Sox too. you're so cool, liz!
aliss

Amy said...

Yeah Liz
I am getting caught up on all the blogs. Cute pictures. You are just too darling. Sounds like the sox game was pretty cool. And don't worry about not being good at darts. You should see the wall we hang our dart board on. It has holes all over the wall....yeah that's mostly because of me!!