Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I love the city!

Have I mentioned how much I love living in the city? Well, I love it and I recommend it to anyone who can get the chance. Now, I don't mean living 10 minutes outside of the city in a suburb or something like that; I mean walking out your front door and you are there! It's so fun! Everything I need to do, i.e. the grocery store, post office, blockbuster, etc. is in walking distance from where I live and it's all right in the middle of this beautful city of Boston.

I apologize for going on like this but I just took a walk to the post office on this beautiful day we have today and looked up at all of the tall buildings around me, people EVERYWHERE, so much history and I was so happy. Anyway, I'm just so glad we have this chance to be here right now. I know we won't ever live like this again so I am taking advantage! ALL VISITORS WELCOME!

4 comments:

Camie said...

oohh! so tempting!! the only time i have lived in a real city in my life was in madrid--and I know what you mean about walking everywhere--what a great life! we really hope to visit while you guys are there. happy moving this week!

ANJ said...

lizzie! let's get an update... and thanks for enjoying boston for me. i'm jealous of the summer weather you are undoubtedly enjoying :)

Meredith said...

I love that you included 'Blockbuster' in the list of things you need...don't you love being married? Also, I was wondering if people really eat all the famous Boston food, like baked beans, clam chowder, etc, and if so, are they really good enough to make them famous? Boston is neat, and it's neat that you live there.

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth,

Are you surprized to see who is responding? My children and in laws are going to convert me yet!! I even put you on my "favorites" ALL BY MYSELF!! I'm rather proud of myself! Now...just a few comments...
#1...Why don't you get on email and remind everyone that you have a blog and what it is. I keep forgetting and I'll bet many of your siblings don't remember either. The only reason I don't like these blogs is because I think my children have forgotten to keep in touch, only to learn I've just forgotten to go to the blog website! For the first several times you post something, get on email and remind us so we will remember to check it out. Camie had to tell me your blog address. Last thing...you are the closest thing to Meg Ryan and "you've got mail" that we have! It sounds so fun to be in the city and doing what you are doing. Make sure you copy these feelings and get them in a journal. You will look back on these years as a real treasure! Love, Mom