birthdays become somewhat (ok, alot) anti-climactic the older you get. add a couple kids in there and it becomes even more so. but, i still managed to have a really great day with no complaints at all.
the boys and i started a very lazy morning by watching our favorite cartoons and eating cereal together. they then both helped me make my cake which was probably one of the highlights of my day. after the cake was done i got to go see travis at the office. we had a hot date in his chair while i got my teeth cleaned, wa-hoo! wouldn't have chosen anything different.
i got to do a little shopping and then trav and i got to go out to dinner kid-free. it was really nice! rick and kari had the boys at their house so we went and had cake and ice cream at their house followed by a nice game of hearts. perfect!
thank you, thank you for all the gifts, phone calls, emails, fb messages, etc. from everyone. it made me realize how many of those i love so much live way too far away. wish we could see each other more often!
and now i'm 3 years away from the BIG one...yup, i'm a gramma.
12 comments:
ooo i LOVE it, good thing i decided not to keep it for myself. ;) and i love your hair. and i love your cake. AND i love the email with the pictures. i literally laughed out loud (only because they are adorable). and shhh... don't tell landen i'm still up and it's 2:10 am. oh boy. i'm glad you're so much older than me still.
what a cool cake!! i'm impressed!! glad it was a good one.
Happy belated! I'm turning that big one in a few months. YIKES! Glad it was a good day. Cute cake and cute hair!
liz happy birthday!! I'm sorry I never actually spoke to you. I hope you got my message. What kind of cake it that? Looks beautiful and did you get your hair cut again? I LOVE it!!! Not bad for a 27 year old!!!
I didn't even know it was your birthday. Happy belated birthday. Lookin' good as ever. :)
happy happy happy birthday. I thought of you and missed you and even had a dream about you the other night but you were a farmer's wife instead of a dentist's wife and there were chickens and ducks all over your house. ha! love ya.
Almost didn't recognize you in the picture, I was thinking that it was your twin. LOVE the hair, it suits you. Calvin is lookin so grown up and studly too. Happy birthday and glad it was a good day for you!
was thinkig of you the whole day. you make 27 look GOOD. and that beauty of a cake looks good too.
Happy Belated Birthday! Glad you had such a wonderful day. You deserved it!
That cake is almost as gorgeous as you!! I'm in love with your hair :) Glad to hear it was a perfect day. Mine was very similar :)
Liz. Thought about u and Alisa all day on your day. I really need your phone number!!! Let's plan that meeting we've talked about so long. June? PS you are so hot.
Liz, I think it's too late to even wish you a happy birthday at this point. I'll wish you a Happy Mother's Day since it's tomorrow! I can not believe my twins were the same weights as you and your sister. Which were you? Love your hair!
Post a Comment