before moving here i was asked all the time if i thought i could handle all the rain. i never thought much of it because the weather has never seemed to affect me or the way i live. and this winter has not been bad at all. it really doesn't bother me. but... BUT when you get a day like this, you eat it up. nap time can be delayed. lunch may be faster than planned. the laundry may have to wait a day. because there is NO WAY we were going to pass up a day like this:
no looking back once i let him loose. this summer will be fun at the park with two crazy boys. maybe he'll be walking by then?
now for a small side story. a couple months ago, calvin was with his nana at the store. they were looking at shoes and calvin fell in love with a pair of shoes. he had to have them, according to kari. he batted his eyes, lovingly looked at his nana and told her how much he loved those shoes. she battled inside knowing that i would not usually buy shoes like that for my boys. (not to mention they were 2 sizes too big) but how could she resist?
so, i came home from being gone to find my 3 year old in love with a pair of shoes that i had a hard time letting him wear. so we made a deal. he wasn't allowed to wear them when it was raining because we didn't want to get them wet. and he could wear them when we're at home, riding his bike.
naturally, this was the best day ever for calvin. not only was it not raining, but we were also riding bikes! he loves these shoes! thanks nana;)
9 comments:
Haha love the kicks! They are soooo not cool! ;) Cant wait to have you help me with the bloggin! Come visit soon!
oh i know how those days feel! sunny days in oregon are the best! i love your shadow pic... and i can tell you are having fun with your camera!
you already know how i feel about the shoes...haha. just kidding kari. ;)
That is too cute, I feel the same way about the shoes, but what do you do? However Ryan can wear any type of charectar Pajamas he likes! That way I am not too mean of a MOM! They really arent that bad! Right???:)
I would have taken full advantage of a sunny day too!
haha...funny story about the shoes! i can totally relate because we had almost the same thing happen here actually, only i have a strong-willed daughter (or is the daughter part redundant?), so she wears them all the time. bah. oh well, at least they stay on more than her flats do, so she can actually run around. and i don't know how you do it with that cloudy rainy all the time. we had 3 days in a row here and i didn't know what to do with myself (or the kids, rather) being stuck inside. i will miss the bright, sunny winter days that feel like spring every day when we move, that's for sure! okay, ending extremely long comment now. but miss you! great camera work too.
Sun is a wonderful thing. It is good it was warm enough outside for you to enjoy it!
You've got some skills behind the lens Liz. Ha, the shoe thing cracks me up. Whatever makes him happy right? I miss you getting us girls together, it's just not the same. Your boys are little knock outs!
Calvin is such a heartthrob.
I'm glad u have extremely good looking children. That way, I can be serious when I say. "THEY ARE SO CUTE!"
Calvin is such a heartthrob.
I'm glad u have extremely good looking children. That way, I can be serious when I say. "THEY ARE SO CUTE!"
I like your shadow picture-not the first thing you think about when you haven't seen the sun in a while. I remember once in Boston (October 2005) :-) when there was over a week where we did not see the sun, and while it was annoying it didn't seem so bad...but I still remember where I was when the sun finally came out--which just goes to show you how happy you are to see the sun after a while...and if you really haven't seen shadows since October!! then multiply that my a whole lot. :-)
Post a Comment