Sunday, November 01, 2009

sugar high.

here is our *brief halloween recap:

we spent the morning at a community halloween event where calvin won a ribbon for having the scariest costume.


he was up against general somebody.


we were there to watch travis and his dad in the west coast biggest pumpkin regatta, i.e. rowing 1,000 lb pumpkins in the lake right by the office. this is the only picture i took because i was either recording them or laughing too hard watching. next time you see us, ask to watch the video! it's pretty crazy.


we went trick-or-treating in trav's grandparents' neighborhood due to the proximity of houses and the opportunity to get the most candy possible!

the boys with grandma and grandpa C.

the loot.

and the sugar's not going to end any time soon. calvin turns 3 on tuesday with the big party tomorrow. can't wait to have a 3 year old around this place!

6 comments:

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

how cute....good for Calvin to win a ribbon!!! Now i will bet you he will get into costume picking for next year :)!!! I can't wait to see the pumpkin rowing video....i have never heard of such a thing....how funny!!!

Alisa said...

so fun! was calvin excited to win a prize?! Liz...when you said they raced in 1000 lb. pumpkins I didn't quite understand...I didn't know you meant in the WATER. Ha ha...I was picturing them pushing each other around in them, or putting wheels on them, or....? That's pretty sweet! Can't wait to see you tomorrow! I'm excited to be apart of Calvin's birthday!

Marianne said...

That pumpkin regatta is the funniest thing ever! The boys look so good in their costumes!

Elisabeth said...

My computer is a little dinosaur-ish these days, and the words uploaded long before the pictures.. When I saw the "Calvin won a ribbon for the scariest costume.." I was a little nervous! I had a good laugh when the picture came up. LOOVE it :)

I'd like to see the video of the pumpkin race, please. What a GREAT idea!

Janelle said...

that's one cute dino you have there. isn't halloween the best? especially with kids. it's like you get to live the fun all over again (only it's more fun i think). your little cowboy and dino are adorable.

Janelle said...

p.s.: oh, and i want to watch that video, so don't forget to show it to me when i come to visit. that and your wedding video. did you know i like watching wedding videos?