Sunday, December 07, 2008

loving christmas.

with this first week of december down i'm feeling pretty good about my christmas preparations. we got back from our thanksgiving break on sunday and i guess i felt like i was already behind on christmas because i finished putting all my decorations up, started christmas shopping and that night went with friends to get a christmas tree. in our 4 years of celebrating christmas together, travis and i have never had our own christmas tree. since we will be staying here in boston this year i insisted that we have a tree. so, i did some research trying to find the best christmas tree farm to buy a tree and soon figured out how city people buy their trees: home depot. we actually found a great first tree for our little home among a great selection of mostly 5-6 ft trees. i guess there isn't much demand for the big 8+ ft trees in small apartments.


so we had fun picking out our own tree and i spent the next couple days decorating. i also finished shopping for calvin and will probably be done this week with everyone else. it feels good to be almost done with that so that i can enjoy the rest of december since the closer we get to christmas the bigger my belly gets and the more uncomfortable and tired i will be. so, with that, a list of other things i am especially loving about christmas 2008. and pictures, too.

  • christmas music (mariah carey, josh groban, a few good mixes and a little barbara streisand...don't knock it until you hear it)
  • my decorated house
  • planning christmas parties, events and festivities
  • baking
  • and obviously, my very first christmas tree

    landen and travis looked pretty tough getting our trees

    this is how sophie and calvin felt about it


yes, i already have presents wrapped. i've decided that is the best hiding place when you don't have much extra storage space!

9 comments:

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

your tree is looking good! You are ahead of me if you already have gifts wrapped....and wow! What pretty wrapping you do!!! I am surprised Calvin will leave them alone!

Andrea said...

Your presents look very "Martha." :)
Hey, what's your email. I need some answers.

Kara and Kevin said...

The tree looks great, and I really liked your beautifully wrapped presents. You look tiny bytheway for only have 30 some days left!!

Lynnie said...

I got my second Home Depot tree this year and I'm very happy with it. I got to move up from 4 to 5 feet because I moved. :)

City life.

kristen said...

actually landen looks kinda femmy with his legs in that shot...hehe. and i LOVE soph's face! will you send me that pic?

... you did not just use my most unfavorite font on your stuff. ;) actually i'm proud of your photoshop skills!

Becca Openshaw said...

well i am just glad that someone else has a smaller tree than us! my mom is completely against mammoth size trees(from past years) so this year we have a good size yet small tree!

merry christmas!

Gretchen said...

You have wrapped gifts???!!?! Ugh I am SO far behind. I love your tree. Did it come with a New England price?

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

Are you serious?! I am totally loving the picture at the to of your blog! And seriously can you look THAT good with only a few weeks to go in your pregnancy? You are making the rest of us look bad. :) Liz, are looking great! I'm very impressed. Well, I am loving your Christmas tree and the presents underneath it. I haven't even started shopping yet...oops. Better get on that one.

Andrea said...

I love Calvins little vest in your new header. What a stud.