Wednesday, September 03, 2008

visitors

my parents were just in town for the long weekend and we had such a great time! it's rare to get some good one-on-one time with them since we live so far away so this was some special time for us and especially calvin. we went on lots of long walks along the beach and to different parks, dinner at the north end and dessert at mike's pastry, new hampshire natural water slide (a family fav), and ended our weekend with a red sox game. i just keep telling myself just one more year of living thousands of miles away from our families!on the hike in new hampshire. one tired little boythis is for all my siblings: eat your heart out! we used to go to this natural water slide all the time when we lived here. it is definitely a family favorite.my dad and travis getting ready to go. the water was freezing! i would have gone with them but i'm pretty sure it would have been against my doctor's orders.

grandma was so good with calvin! they spent most of the time collecting rocks and then throwing them in the water.

the boys helping me "clean" the spoons and batters from my cookie dough i made one night. they were very willing to help.

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

How fun! Wow that 'water slide' looks like a lot of fun! I sure hope that rock is really smooth though!

Aubrey said...

Your parents look great! I'm glad they were able to come out and visit.

Camie said...

Yes, I've heard about that water slide and I always thought it was one of Matt's invented memories!! (like the bums on a log or the pitted cherries!!) But now you are showing my photo proof--I'll show Matt and he'll be so happy!

Rachael said...

We saw your parents at Jon's wedding, it was so great to see them! You need to tell me where this water slide is, we would love to go. Also, we need to get together for a girls night! Glad that you had a fun weekend with your parents.

kristen said...

cute cute! i'm now going to send this link to my mom so will be jealous and come visit me! ;) thanks for saying "hi" tonight.

Becca Openshaw said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Is that Diana's Bath? It looks a lot like a water place we go to up in North Conway, NH!

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

Looks like a fun weekend! I was thinking of you guys as Matthew watched the Red Sox games this weekend....I knew you were going to one of them, just wasn't sure which one!

Cherisa said...

Glad to see you're FINALLY starting to look a tiny bit pregnant in the Red Sox picture!

Isn't having family visit from so far away the greatest? I miss the beautiful Northwest but I like being the Boston tour guide, too!