Tuesday, July 15, 2008

memories

i've seen this little "game" on a few friends'/family blogs and thought i'd give it a try. (because calvin is sleeping and i'm bored) plus, i'm interested in who is really reading my blog. so here are the rules.

1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you.


ready....set....go

12 comments:

Alisa said...

hmmmm....joke is on you. looks like nobody looks at your blog but me! :) ha ha, yeah right....

i was laughing at the memory you posted on my blog.

oh gosh...seriously, where do i even begin?!! Which one should i share? how about in college when i came home from the testing center, ran to my room to cry about the test i had just taken, only to find you sitting in your closet, crying about a test you had just taken!! we had a lot of venting for each other that night! ha ha. or in high school when i woke you up because it was your turn to shower, just to find out that it was 2:00am!! (or did you wake me up, i can't remember) or how i always drove "to" and you always drove "from" anywhere we went. or in high school, remember how we would listen to the same thing on the way to school everyday?....the girl vs. guy thing and it would end in "macho macho man..." or, whatever the girl song was. or, last one...when we went driving together the night before my wedding day! i loved that moment! love you liz!

Alisa said...

ps: i know there is a word verification. i know, i know, i don't like filling those out either, but i was getting all these weird comments on my blog and ever since i put the word verification up, i don't get them anymore. so, i'm keeping it!

Kerry said...

The first time I ever met you we were at Cameron's house watching a Bucknell basketball game. You made the best chocolate chip cookies ever in the world (obviously). And we talked about how Travis colors your hair! Haha....how's that for a blast from the past! :) I don't have a blog...so no worries...but had to contribute that! :)

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

Liz...like I said on Alisa's blog the memories are too hard to narrow down. Um...you have been in my life for, like...forever, so it makes it a little difficult to narrow it down.

But I do have to say that being your roommate for a semester was one of the highlights of my life. I seriously LOVED every minute I got to spend with you (I'm actually getting a little choked up thinking about it). I don't know what I would have done without you there. That was one emotional roller-coaster semester and I was so glad to have you by my side. I things that make me smile from that time...my cranberry juice/exlax situation, dance parties, watching Dawsons Creek when you would come home from your Friday morning class, eating dinner with you and Travis, sitting on the bean bag and talking, our fridge being so full of "someones" stuff that we couldn't get anything else in, us sharing a bathroom, your bridal shower, watching you scrapbook events for Alisa, shopping for your wedding dress and celebrating after you found one, and talking/laughing way too often!!!

Oh, and one of the things I feel so lucky to have a memory with you was on your wedding day. It was the most beautiful day and celebration and I feel so lucky that I was able to be apart of it.

Janelle said...

Oh, I like this tag idea! You know me and how much I love memories! I'll warn you--I'm sure this is going to be long. Okay, here I go. I have tons of memories with you BYU freshman year in the dorms: your short, spunky haircut (that's my first memory of you...in the hall after church one of the first Sundays, even though we actually went to the first football game together earlier that week with all the other girls); cannon center fun; movie nights outside; feeling totally awkward when I walked into your dorm when you were crying with the other girls on a certain january night (won't go into details) because i didn't know how to comfort you and it was too late for me to start crying with you (ha!); you were my date for valentine's day while we worked that thing for alissa and ginette; and who could forget when we memorized the whole speech rudy rudigar practiced on his chair as a little boy. okay, now for when I lived with you in kansas city for the summer: two words--Trip Mate. arghh. we'd make up games in the file room just so we wouldn't die of boredom; Javier's math games during our lunch break; you made me cookies one day for when I got home from my 2nd job...you're so sweet; going on that double date where we had the mini olympics in one of the guy's basement and the guys made us dinner (too bad you were having fun with your date and i was not); anne of green gables; and of course, scraping all the oreo cream from a whole pack of doublestuff oreos and making one huge ball of oreo cream (after we made the tallest oreo in the world, of course). okay, being courtside quasi-roommates (because i was up in your apartment more than in my own it seemed): walking in and seeing you sleeping on your beanbag with your rec management book in your hands; many movie nights; and going to your apartment first thing the night I got engaged. Okay, this is getting way too long, so i'll have to stop back in 2003, but i will second michelle--being at your wedding was incredible! i could see such a light about you the moment you were officially married to travis! love you, liz!

Cherisa said...

I don't know if this counts exactly as a "memory" but I know every time I see your car with the Oregon plates I'm reminded of home even though I've never lived in OR (Washington is right next door, though, and my parents live in OR now). So the first time I saw your car at church I wanted to know who the new "Northwest people" were! Kinda weird, right? :)

The Phipps: said...

Liz your pregnant!!! holy cow, I'm such a bad blogger, I just now found out the news! I'm so excited for you! What day are you due in January? Yeah!!!! So I have a memory for you...has to do with marshmellows and hotdogs and i can't remember for the life of me what was so funny about it, but we couldn't stop laughing for the longest time. I've loved you ever since!

Love you!
Janelle Phipps

SandyKay said...

Hey, I read your blog. The first memory that comes to mind when I think of you is being at the beach in Mass with you, and you were wearing a super cute swimsuit. I think I was rather pregnant at the time, and probably longing to be in a super cute swimsuit .. :)

Wish we could've stuck around longer in Massachusetts to have more memories...

Becca Openshaw said...

well, i read ur blog... where should i begin. every wednesday we make a lot of memories! i miss not being able to play basketball. and this is no "es un chiste" (did i spell that right??) you know what i mean. i guess basketball is our memory along with annas and my moms!!! Can't wait to see you again!

kristen said...

hello people!? she said ONE memory. it's like you've done all these fun things in the past or something...hehe. you know i loved reading all those random things about you. although i might need a couple explanations. :)
my favorite memory of LAST WEEK was getting stuck in the rain with three babies (because one is in your tummy) and trying to run with two screaming kids in a jogger stroller with a bad wheel and a rain cover than was getting pushed off by little hands because they were suffocating from the sauna we had created inside. all along the other person had to push the empty stroller that would go crazy from too little weight. good thing we found that nice porch to rest under. oh and ghetto soph afterwards in cal's clothes. and stomach water blisters... ok not really. and fitting both of our full grocery carts into my trunk. THAT WAS A GOOD MEMORY.

kristen said...

i'm supposed to be making a dessert to bring to your house and i'm writing on your blog. thanks.

Erin and Devin said...

I remember looking up to you older laurels when we did the evaluate project... :) Way to be modest! :D Congrats by the way on your pregnancy. How exciting.