Monday, March 24, 2008

easter weekend

i feel like i need a vacation from our busy easter weekend! on saturday travis and i were saying that we couldn't remember the last time we had had such a busy weekend and it was still only saturday! it all began with a baby shower on friday night, brunch/easter egg hunt saturday morning, dying easter eggs with friends and a much needed temple date that night, lazy easter egg hunt with calvin sunday morning and easter feast at our house sunday night. (not to mention basketball was going on whenever games were being played) so et ready for a bit of picture overload, because here it comes!
jennie and i had fun planning (with the help of others!) sara's babies shower (twins!)
calvin scored with his three candy filled eggs and a handful of candy! he looks so cute picking up his loot!
as much fun as we had coloring eggs, the fun really began with our impromptu photo shoot...look at those lips!!! ah, i LOVE them!

trav and i quickly realized that calvin needed a little competition in the hunt or else we could have been there all day! so travis joined in on and soon calvin caught on that he needed to hurry and get all the eggs he could or else dad would get them all!


and i was so impressed with our delicious, full course easter meal, complete with personalized eggs at each spot! yum!


lastly i would like to add that we have way too much leftover easter candy in our house and that i am currently working on a bag of these:

please help me eat my candy!

11 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love it! Your Easter weekend sounds busy but so much fun! Your table looks great (decorating the table is one of my favorite things about a holiday dinner!). Wish we could have joined you!

Emily said...

very fun! busy times are the best! i love having lots of fun plans! what did you serve at your dinner?

Cal looks so cute!

Amy said...

fun liz!!! You busy girl you!!! good luck on that candy stash. i am working fast and furious on ours. I downed our giant bag of mini choc. eggs before easter even arrived!!! Oops!!!

kristen said...

no more candy! we need to talk bachelor...

Andrea said...

OH my dear....your hair? sMOKING hot. I only wish I could pull off bangs. In addition, I hope I look like u after bearing a small man child.

Amber said...

So fun-and by the way-who is having twins? is it the sara I would know ?

Katie said...

What a fun Easter!! I love the eggs with the names. I will have to keep that one in mind for next year.

Lindsey said...

i love all the pictures! Sounds so fun - although don't you think it would have been nice to be in Mexico on a cruise for Easter?? :)

ANJ said...

every time i see cadbury mini eggs i think of you :)

MishMyBelle said...

What a fun, BUSY weekend! You are so cute Liz. Calvin is getting old! I love the picture with him puckering his lips!

Wasn't the BYU game very sad and disappointing? Maybe next year?!

Anonymous said...

Too much leftover easter candy? Send it my way girl! Ha ha ha ... I stockpiled 7 extra bags!!!

xoxo