Wednesday, January 02, 2008

christmas vacation

it is definitely time for a serious update! travis, cal and i just got back from a great vacation to my parents' home in utah to celebrate christmas and spend time with most of my family, along with travis' family, too. we spent most of our first week there with my parents enjoying some quality time with them. we also celebrated 3 years of being married on the 18th by going out for lunch, some shopping, hot tubbing and the Biggest Loser finale. (thanks again, babe!)

over the weekend my parents were kind enough to watch calvin while travis and i drove down with his sister, lindsey and her husband rich to watch byu play in the las vegas bowl. we had a really good time with them and cheering byu on to a 17-16 win!

the rest of the time was classic vacation time with my family. with 20 adults and 17 kids under the age of 10, you can probably imagine what it may be like!! it is crazy and fun and i really wouldn't have it any other way.

we also spent a night with trav's family and the next day skiing at park city. i am so glad we got to see them, too and fit in my annual ski day. ah, how i miss utah skiing. we really did have a great trip. i don't think i was ready to leave but it's always good to get back home. here are pictures from the trip. not sure why i didn't take any with trav's family...if any of you have some, send them my way!


8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Looks like you all had a great holiday! I'm glad you were able to visit your family!

Kara said...

What a fun trip! That is great you saw both families in Utah. Looks like you all had tons of fun together!

Navarro's said...

Happy New year! your trip looks like so much fun. I know it is sad to come back to the real world, no more vacation :-( Glad to hear you guys had fun, but I can't wait to hang with the girls here in Boston.
Jamie

Andrea said...

AWWW...Liz those pics are o so cute. I just love the Christensen family.

Katie and Eric said...

Fun times Liz!!! It was crazy, but so nice to be together. We love you guys!

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

It was so great to see you while you were here. Also, I haven't forgotten about you. I know you need by help, it has just been a crazy last couple of days. I'll have to email you and tell you about it. It will be coming to an end tomorrow and then I promise to get back to you then!

Dani said...

Liz! This is Danielle Watson, now Danielle Haines. You were my visiting teacher in BYU 69th ward! How are you?? I am so excited to be in touch!

Jill said...

Cute, cute pictures! Oh, by the way, we'll be in New York in June--probably the last weekend. Will you be around?