wanna know what i've been doing the last few days?? rolling calvin back onto his back again. he is officially rolling over, which is great because he's right on track for what he's supposed to be doing but the problem is that once he's rolled over onto his tummy, he hates it. so i have to go and roll him back over again. i have found that this is the routine of my day for the last 3 days. i'm sure all of you veteran moms know what i'm talking about! it's funny because you'd think he would understand that if he keeps rolling over he's going to end up on his stomach and hate it. but he keeps doing it over and over and over again! come on cal!

one more bit of frustration: as you all know, calvin has been sleeping through the night for almost two months now. well, over this past week he has decided that he doesn't like sleeping through the night anymore and wakes up 1-2 times a night. ahhh! i can't figure out why he's doing this and most nights he really will not go back to sleep until i feed him. is he really starving? did he have a bad dream? i don't know but i definitely got used to getting a good, full night of sleep and am not very happy about his new development! one more time, ahhh!
8 comments:
Hey Liz - you don't know me but I was a friend of Travis's at BYU, and I was in his sister's ward. I asked how Travis was doing in dental school, and she told me about your blog! Anyway, I hope this isn't too creepy, but I just wanted to say hi to you guys, and tell you your baby is adorable! It is also kind of funny that I married a dental student, and we're at Case in our second year, and my husband just took boards...I think everyone is glad that's over! Tell Travis I said hi, and good luck in Boston!
hi liz...alisa went through the same thing of waking up when she had been sleeping through the night about that same age as calvin. it could be related to teething, which makes it so much harder because you don't ever really know! we went through a couple weeks of getting up again (of course, she didn't want to eat or drink anything, she just wanted to be held for a bit) when we decided we just needed to draw the line, so to speak, and after about two nights of us not getting up to get her (two hard nights for us, listening to her cry!) she started sleeping through the night again, no problem! kids learn fast. it's hard to decide what to do, good luck to you!
I haven't been lucky enough to have either of my kids sleep through the night on their own, so we did what the previous poster did and just made them cry it out at night. It really takes 2 or 3 nights and then they get it that nobody is coming in there to get them, or at least mine did. Sometimes you just gotta crack the whip...if it works for you. You never know with these little buggers!
Oh, Liz. It's so hard when a good routine goes sour for a bit. Cole did the same thing when he was learning a new skill (rolling, crawling, walking) or teething or when he got an ear infection (from teething). It will go back to the longer nights...good luck!
I am sorry to hear about Cal's lack of sleep at night. That is miserable. It is so much easier when they wake up in the middle of the night as a newborn, because you are planning on it. But when you get used to that full nights rest...it just seems SO hard to get up. I wish I had some grand advice for you, but I don't. Just know that I love your guts and things always seem to work themselves out with babies. Good luck! I'm thinking of you!
Hey Liz--
I'm feeling your pain! Clayton pulled that trick when we moved here to Bloomington too!! He forgot how to sleep through the night. The one thing I might suggest is sometimes if they have an ear infection it's hard for them to sleep. Has he had a cold or anything lately? If you check him out and he doesn't have an ear infection, we had to do the same thing as some other people have posted and just not get him. I definitely wouldn't feed him because he'll keep getting up. If you want to you could also just go in to him, don't talk or anything, and just wrap him back up and lay him down then just let him cry. When we did this with Clayton, it only took 1 night of crying. It was a sad night for all of us, but we're so glad we finally did it! We let it go for a few months where I was feeding him in the night again, but I was so happy when he remembered to sleep again!
Liz...Kids you just got to love them. I would say he is not starving and not to feed him. I think once you do that it will be harder to break him from it. Good advice has been given just do what you guys feel best about. Love you lots!
You have some great friends, Liz, and everyone has offered some sound advise! Good luck! Oh, and by the way, I'm actually jealous. Zachary is NOT sleeping through the night, yet! Nope. Not even once! I'm really starting to suffer from sleep deprivation because Zach gets up at least twice, then Will gets in bed with us at least twice a week, and Cami is afraid of Thunderstorms (which we've had a lot of lately) so she comes in a sleeps on our floor. My only consolation (if you can call it that) is that Spencer and Emma sleep through the night (but get up at 6am). And............ unfortunately, my husband sleeps through the night, too!
Post a Comment