Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Does anybody remember?

Today while I was at work I was looking for a safety pin and asked the girl who works with me if she had one. As we were searching I started singing the Safety Kids song, which, of course, got me remembering the Safety Kids and all of my fun memories with them. Well, Katie was very confused as to what I was singing about and had no idea what I was talking about. After taking a small survey around the office, I realized that NOBODY here has heard about the Safety Kids... Now, I just thought it was Katie because she hasn't even ever had a burrito and or made homemade toffee, but no, it was everyone! So, my question to all of my blog readers is this, Does anyone remember the Safety Kids and if so, what is your favorite song?

7 comments:

Camie said...

Nope--I didn't grow up on Safety Kids, but Matt definitely shares your love for them! I'll ask him what his favorite song is!

Unknown said...

I was a safety kid! My solo was..."I've got my very own pair of designer jeans"...
I want to see more pictures of the pregnant lady! :)

Meredith said...

Well, I don't know about the Safety Kids, but I do remember Safety Dance, by Men Without Hats. Gotta love the 80's! Here's my favorite part of the song: "S-s-s-s A-a-a-a F-f-f-f E-e-e-e T-t-t-t Y-y-y-y
Safe, dance!"

Anonymous said...

Liz,

I think "Mr Robinson - Who broke my window" gave me nightmare's for years...the other great song was the telephone # song. As a little kid, I was always amazed at how the telephone # song worked for any phone number you tried!! Are these songs part of "Safety Kids?"

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is really going back to the good old days of banana seat bikes and Smurfs! I didn't know a ton of Safety Kids, but my favorite was the telephone # song. Has your friend really never had a burrito! What a sad life!

Cassandra said...

I know my number, my telephone number 277-1325 .... We TOTALLY listened to Safety Kids in the car with my mom!! My sister knows all the songs even better than I do, and Jordan is a Safety Kid as well- I love this post. I can't believe I havn't backed you up until now girl!

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth...I believe Safety Kids was published by Janeen Brady, a member of the church. That is probably why it was not well known in a Boston dental office! And, Matt, Mr. Robinson was written by the same person, I believe, but no connection to Safety Kids! Both were great, though!! How funny you remember you guys! :) Love, Mom