Wednesday, July 20, 2011

a summer of m.i.a.

way too long since i last blogged. i do think i have some pretty good excuses, though:

1. we have moved.
2. i went on an amazing girls trip with travis' mom and sisters to maui. pics to come soon (hopefully!)
3. we've been trying to enjoy summer even though portland forgot what summer is supposed to be like for the last 2 years. come on, really?

oh, and i've been doing all of that while taking care of this little lemon (because that's the size it's supposed to be at 14 weeks):

it's been a much different and more difficult time than it was with the boys. (maybe that means it's a girl?) thankfully, maui cured me and i've been feeling much better since and suddenly my energy has returned. good-bye first trimester; hello everything else i've been slacking on since i started getting sick. (i.e. making dinner, cleaning my house regularly, unpacking boxes, decorating my house, taking down wallpaper, painting...you get the picture)

**oh, and just to clarify: when i told my mom that i had been sick she told me that the only time she was sick during her 7 pregnacies was when she was pregnant with twins. we definitely made sure to check on that. only one baby according to the ultrasound tech.

17 comments:

Elisabeth (and Tyler) said...

HOORAY!!!!!!!!! I hear you on the MIA, I'm 24 weeks this week and I still feel that way. I'm totally guessing girl. This pregnancy has been the complete opposite of mine with Luke. Can't wait to find out! And can't wait for them to be the same person, and BFFs :)

Jill said...

Congratulations! If you really want a girl you should hang out with me more. I'm excited to see what you're having! And for pictures of your new place and basically for more updates.

Jennie said...

Love it! I can't think of a better place to shake the ick out of that first trimester than paradise :) Glad you're feeling better!

Meredith said...

Wow, there are so many huge things going on in your life. Congratulations! You know I was looking extra hard at that picture to make sure babe #4 wasn't hiding in any corners of the ultra sound!

Alisa said...

woot woot!! so happy to be getting another evans cousin!

Andrea said...

I knew it. I knew it!

So sorry you have been sick. I totally know how that feels! I'm a little disappointed its NOT twins! Love ya!

April said...

Congratulations!!! Third babies are great and not as bad as everyone says. I was more sick and for a longer time when I was pregnant with our little girl. Here's to a healthy baby and I happy pregnancy!

kristen said...

i think i can see her bow in that picture. Ü

The Kynastons said...

Congratulations, Liz!! I'm so sorry you are sick...but I'm glad I'm not the only pregnant woman who hasn't been on top of the day-to-day things. :) I actually cooked a meal this week for the first time in what felt like a year. I'm happy for you!

Tamsen said...

Congrats Liz! So exciting, and I'm glad you're feeling better.

Erin and Devin said...

Liz! Congrats on your third!!! How exciting to add another cute little baby in that family! Good luck!

Janelle said...

Yay! I've been checking in to see when you'd post the big news and the glorious day has finally come! I am SO EXCITED for you! I know I'm saying what everyone else has said, but I was WAY sicker with Lily than I was with Jack. No contest. I've found that to be true with almost all other girlfriends with both too. But there are always those darn outliers who were sick more with their 2nd or 3rd boy and they were quite surprised when they were fully thinking pink up until the ultrasound. I guess only time will tell...tell us when you get to find out! You are certainly an amazing mom to boys, but I admit that I am hoping you get your girl! CONGRATS either way though--this is great news!

Camie said...

No worries--blogging isn't expected in the summer! Your baby looks like another cutie! Can't wait to see you soon!

Aubrey said...

Congratulations Liz! I'm glad you are feeling better and hope you continue to feel so. Shopping for little girls is so much fun! Good luck.

Moshi said...

Congratulations! Your boys are growing up so much. I hope all is well, enjoy the second trimester, it's my favorite :)

the Bunker Family said...

Congrats Evans family! How exciting! When is your due date? I'm due Jan. 16th so I'm thinking we're probably pretty close. Now we'll have one more set of friends to play when we get together!

Rebecca said...

congrats! where did you move???