Friday, May 01, 2009

more lasts...with lots to come i think.

ok, ok, i know you're all sick of hearing it. (only 2 weeks left) so i won't mention it. (dental school is done). but we are trying to fit in all those "last" things we want to do before IT happens. (graduation in exactly 2 weeks). travis finished all of his graduation requirements a couple weeks ago and signed out of all of his patients and even had to turn in his school I.d. so, except for the occasional run up to school for something or a small mini-class here and there, he's been home with us! we have loved having him around so much and i think i could get used to this. i'm gonna get spoiled.

on wednesday we went and ran some errands together and ended up on bu's main campus which is right up in the city. the dental school is in the south end, not really close at all to the main campus. anyway, it just so happens that the only one of these in the entire state of mass. is on the main campus. in the whole time we've lived here i have always wanted to go up and get one because i regularly crave a peach pleasure, but it always seemed like such a hassle just for one jamba. so wednesday we had a first and a last, at least here in boston. yummmm.

yesterday we spent our last day at the boston children's museum. i love that museum and am hoping portland has something similar?? i asked travis if there was one there and he said he had no idea. we spent a very fun, full morning there just the 4 of us.

lots of blowing bubbles
manly stuff with dad
loving this truck
even better, climbing this truck. calvin is a crazy climber. while we were there he climbed on everything possible. even the stuff that was just for kids 5 and older. he was not about to be told that he was too small!

don't you just love this round, chunker face?
and just a few random. i would like to say that this is at the end of the day but no. this is within minutes, like under 2 minutes, of him waking up. at least now he's really good at playing by himself for a little while.

i'm glad i finally caught this one on camera. miles was born sucking on his bottom lip. when travis and i first saw him he was doing this and we thought maybe something was wrong because he had it sucked in really far! now we know it's just his thing.
and my boys.

10 comments:

Hillary said...

I love the Boston Children's Museum! I was there on Saturday and it got me so excited to be able to take my kids there some day. Glad you guys were able to make it. And I know exactly what you mean about the Jamba too...I've been on a big smoothie kick the past month or two, and Jamba's just a little too far, so I've been making my own, but it's just not the same. We will miss you!

Becca Openshaw said...

you stinker i didn't even have to go to the site to know that you got a jamba i am so jealous!

Kristi said...

Good news! There is Jamba Juice everywhere here (portland) and there is a Children's Museum too! The museum is in the same parking lot as the Zoo, so you could do both of them in the same day -- if you aren't too tired after doing just one. I always am!

amy stansel said...

ahhh! I love your boys. They are too cute and what happened to your "baby"? wow he is growing too fast!!! I love the picture of all the toys out just minutes after waking up. same is true at our house. I always say our home is clean only from the hours of 7pm until 7am. CRAZY!!!!!

Cherisa said...

Wow! So soon! Packing is really low on my list of things I really, really don't like to do.

The Portland Children's Museum tops Boston's in my opinion. Calvin will LOVE the dig pit there and the water table area is a little better.

Janelle said...

I love that last picture. And I'm glad you're getting some lasts (and firsts) in before you leave. These next two weeks will go by so quickly I bet, so keep us posted on more you have. :) Congrats on being done!

Lindsey said...

How fun! I bet it is soooo nice to have trav around and help you out! Brady and I survived our first 'test week' (Rich's exam week). Good luck with all the packing!


PS.
I think Brady and Miles are going to definitely look like cousins!

kristen said...

i love that last pic. and i FINALLY posted martha's pics! thank you very much.

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

I love all these pictures. I didn't realize what a climber Calvin is! He and Jackson would definitely have some fun together. And the picture of all the toys dumped...at the beginning of the morning, you are speaking my language girl. I would like to think the house could be somewhat clean for some of the day, but our day starts the same as yours and never really gets clean until bedtime. :) I've been thinking about you a lot lately as all the fourth years here are getting ready to graduate and move on. I am so excited for you guys! We have some friends that are headed up to Portland for Ortho school.

Meredith said...

like boston, portland has a lot of great things/places to take your kids. and another nice thing to know is that the library might have something called a 'culture pass' that you can check out from the library and get into the cool places for free! (at least, that's how it worked in hillsboro/tanasbourne). congrats on graduation and good luck with the big move.