calvin. travis and i were talking the other night about how much he is growing up and some of the funny things he does. he is talking so much now. he's not quite into full sentences yet but he can communicate with his words everything that he needs to. he loves answering my phone. anyone who calls me can attest to this. you will usually get just a "hi" and then he'll run the phone over to me but, if you're lucky, you'll also get a "how you? good." lately he has started talking about santa again. it's kind of funny. he'll be playing with his race track that santa brought him and then he'll say "santa. treat! neck." if you remember, calvin woke up christmas morning with a stiff neck and couldn't really play with his toys. i think it left a big impact on him! it's pretty funny. he's also a real negotiator. if i say it's time to, well, do anything that he doesn't really want to he says "minute", like one more minute mom and give me his puppy dog eyes. or if i'm giving him a treat and tell him that he gets just one he'll automatically say "two!". he's also started this thing where i'll tell him that he needs to go do something and he'll look at travis and say "dad, talk" and then point to me like he's saying, dad, you need to talk to mom about this. ok, lastly, he's started to occasionally request to go to bed on the ground. i have no idea where this idea has come from but i guess he likes it.
and this is just a funny picture from the other day. calvin is really good about going potty all by himself now but he does need help after (wiping, pulling pants back on, washing hands) so this day i asked him if he was done and he just kept telling me no. he was clearly done but i had other things i needed to do instead of waiting for him to be done so i asked him if he wanted a book to read while he was finishing up and he thought that sounded good! hmmm, wonder where he gets this from?!
here's calvin teaching miles all about how boys play. calvin has been really good with miles with no calvin-inflicted injuries yet. in fact, i think miles has been meaner than calvin when he spit up all over calvin's bop the other day. calvin did not like that very much at all!
and this one just shows a little bit of calvin's ocd.
our first family picture! i love this picture because you can see all of the boys' double chins! haha
valentines day
calvin and soph were able to swap their special valentine's that they made for each other. ah, young love! that night travis made me a great dinner of crab cakes, clam chowda, lots of fresh veggies and strawberry shortcake! so good. oh yeah, and the boys were supposed to be in bed but that didn't happen. oh well!
miles' blessing day- 2-15-09
travis was able to bless miles last week. he gave a beautiful blessing and it again reminded me of how grateful i am to have the priesthood in my home. we were sad not to be able to have any family here with us but are glad that some good friends from trav's class could be there along with other friends in the ward.

and if you made it this far you must really, really like us. now i'll try to keep up on this a little better. peace.
16 comments:
1. i love, love, love those little boys.
2. are you growing your bangs out?
Fun update! I love the pictures of Miles in his blessing outfit. SO CUTE!!!
i love the update! you look great and i hope you are doing well. calvin cracks me up!! Go travis making an awesome dinner for valentines day. Crab cakes?!?!?!? I've heard of them but never tried them. looks like a great dinner - especially with both kids out of bed!!! love that!!
Love all the pics. I didn't know you guys blessed Miles already. He looks so cute in his outfit! Go trav for making dinner on v-day.
I made it to the end! I love reading your blog and seeing you and your cute family! Calvin and his negotiating really made me laugh.
I love you. I love the updates. I love hearing about your boys. I love that Calvin is such a big boy. I love that Travis made you an amazing valentines day dinner. (Way to go Travis!) Oh, and I LOVE you, LIZ! It looks like you are not only surviving two childing, but thriving and LOVING every minute of it. I am so proud of you. I need to talk to you so, I can get all the details of how life works with two kids. I am really nervous right now.
I think I really really like you guys. I laughed soooo hard reading about calvin. I love the 13 month old stage with Caleb, but this really helped me to be excited about the new things to come. Thank you! I especially love the lined up cars and the, "dad, talk." Genius.
and i am still giggling about calvin sleeping on the floor. hysterical.
Liz I love the updates! And can't wait until we actually get to meet Miles! Drew is on his way up to your neck of the woods now for his interview at UPenn--so hopefully he doesn't freeze to death---It has been like summer down here! I miss you!!
you are such a cute family!!!
I love all the February happenings! I love that Calvin sleeps on the floor....you could totally save a lot of money if you could convince all your kids to sleep on the floor!!! :) I love the cars all lined up around Miles!!! How cute! He and Kayleigh are going to have a blast when they get together....Kayleigh always makes a line of her Barbie Animals so they can line up for their "bath"!!! We are so excited for you to be out in this part of the country....but we are glad you are enjoying the last few months there! ps why does clam chowda sound so yummy to me???? Did he really make it from scratch, or was it an open the can and heat it up?
Liz-
This is cousins Cassi and Mark. We haven't given our congrats for the new baby! I got your blog address from Emily and snuck online at work to check it out. Oh my your boys are cute! I enjoyed getting caught up what the Evans. Just know we're thinking of you guys and wishing you well with this brand new 'small' adventure.
Love you!
You are one hot mom.
i can't believe u have two kids.
i'm struggling with this whole i'm a grown up and so are my friends concept.
Your boys are so cute! I do wonder how you stand being the only girl in the house, then I remember the 3 going on 16 year old little girl in the next room! I love he pic of Calvin with his cars lined up, Domino still does that and is very particular about how the go! By the way, you are looking great!
I love all the pictures. Your boys are growing up so fast I can hardly believe it. Miles is one cute cute cute cute baby(many more cutes but too annoying to read).
Such sweet, handsome boys. I WANT to hang out with you guys too.. Are you still in Boston? We're still in Salt Lake, awaiting our fate. I told Ty the other day he needs to look at schools in Oregon. So we can be close to you :)
Post a Comment