i thought i'd give a quick update on our growing baby. and really, that's about all i have to share. this baby is growing really well and i have definitely noticed a major increase in my food consumption lately. (which also means a major increase in the size of my belly). after my first pregnancy, i promised myself that, on the next one, when i was hungry i would only eat healthy stuff like apples, cheese, yogurt, celery, etc. HA. i tried but it's so easy to tell myself that i deserve half a box of donut holes for lunch today because i'm pregnant. some of my other favorites that i don't normally indulge in are puff cheetos, cheez-its (sick!), lots of m&m's, crescent rolls (been known to eat a whole can with calvin for a snack), ice cream, etc. so healthy, right? don't worry, i'm also getting plenty of the "good" stuff but in reality, i'm really enjoying being able to eat the other GOOD stuff. grow, baby, grow!

in other baby news: we really need a good boy name. we are really struggling with this one. travis and i have a daily conversation that goes something like this:
liz: how about (insert really good name here)?
travis: no. i don't like it. what about (insert usually really bad name here, sorry trav).
liz: are you kidding me? travis, our child is not 85 years old...or something like that.
please help!
26 comments:
you ate my donut holes??!!
I hear ya. I had a plate of fries and 2 cookies for lunch today and I don't have the excuse of being pregnant. As for names, we've always struggled with boys names too. Ya I know I just deleted a comment but it had a spelling error and I couldn't handle that.
Ha ha! I had a strawberry shake every night for a while. It's totally allowed!
As for names...good luck! April and Glenn are having a tough time too. Maybe you two should chat!
You are making me hungry! Cheez-its were a staple in my pregnancy diets! (when i was eating again!)--as for boy names, i am sure Jessica would say Nick....after Nick Jonas or Harry! i don't know....i will give it some thought!!
LIZ! I didn't know you were pregnant! That is so exciting; when are you due? And are you for sure having a boy?
You could take our route:
Cambri: Our baby's name should be Spongebob.
Adam: If it's a boy, right?
Me: Are we out of ice cream again?
Where have I been?! I didn't know you were having another boy! Congrats! Boys names are hard but I have to say easier than girl's. I look forward to hearing what you come up with!
liz, doesn't travis have a classmate named emerson? i thought that was the coolest name and i kind of want to name a baby that, but matt isn't sold. he says i have to read something by ralph waldo emerson to do it, and i have, but he doesn't believe me or something.
cheez-its sound sooooo good right now.
Liz--
I'm sorry but Cheezits make me so nauseous...but the funny thing is, once I do pop one in my mouth, I can't stop either. So weird. We're totally on the same page! Check out my last post; it's all about how I can't stop baking. NOt for anyone else, just me. I am so addicted to sugar with this pregnancy! I'll even try to eat a HUGE meal full of veggies and good stuff so that I'll be too full for dessert, and then I'll still eat dessert and stuff myself so much that I just sit on the couch and moan. sigh* As for boy names, I don't envy you. David and I can't agree on anything. My very very favorite that he doesn't like is Oliver. Use it, love it. I'll have one of my daughters marry him.
Janelle
I need u here to support my eating habits as of late. I'm not really into sweets, but chips, burgers etc...I'm in love. I HATE IT! Just imagine if we were together. Oh well, our boys need fat. Just not our butts.
I have a gazillion names I love, but Trev said every single one would destine our child to be (and I quote) "a queer". I disagree, so maybe u can convince Travis. I loved Sawyer, Braxton, Nixon, Crew, Hunter, and Ryder. (and yes, I have them in lists according to preference. U know me...)
Elizabeth...You know it's in the genes! You come by it naturally! Although I was known to eat a bushel of apples in a few weeks time during my pregnancy with Brian (very healthy), I was also known to eat a LOT of junk too. Each pregnancy I determined just as you to eat healthy, until I got a tummy, then I really couldn't see the point! It's so fun to use a baby for the reason why you have a big tummy! Why not take advantage of it as an excuse to indulge without feeling guilty! You'll have many more years than not of having to be careful! So, from one who stopped at Dairy Queen after each "weigh in" check up...go for it and enjoy every bite! From guess who? YOUR Mother :) Caution, however! Just remember...what goes on will have to come off! There were a few times, when after the pregnancy was over, I wished I had used a little more discretion! I got tired of having to get the weight off! But, I'm not too concerned. I have seen how you induldge. On a day when I'm being careful I induldge more than you! Love ya!
hey liz...what about the name noah...i think it's adorable for a little boy...and even as he gets older too! :) that's my vote! hope you're doing well...so nice to see you saturday night! :)
HA HA HA HA!!!! This is SO my life right now! Even down to the names and the m&m's!! =) I love you. This is hillarious. No good advice with the names... I want my baby to be named after an 85 year old man too. =) We'll call when we're in Bean Town.
Names for boys, that is a tough one. After having to come up with a boy's name 3 times now, I will tell you it is NOT an easy thing. Good luck!
Reed and I have had some success with last names found in our family history.
hahaha...that conversation is hilarious. Only b/c we went through the same thing for 9 months. We finally came to an agreement when the nurse asked us if we had a name for him(Cardston)right after he was born. No pressure. You got time.
Liz-
What about the name Christian? It would be a fun family name. Your maiden name and Kari's too!
I also like Cole and Drew!
Good Luck!
ha! ha! I am laughing so hard. I love that my little liz is chowing down on the doughnuts and all that good stuff!! can i see a picture of your belly?
Liz,
keep eating girl- this is the only time you can eat and not feel guilty! ok I ran out of boy names three boys ago, but Blaine and I met a boy who's middle name is "danger" they gave him that name just so he could say later in life "my middle name is danger" We loved that idea-totally cracked us up and would have fit with most of our boys, and since after 5 boys the store is now closed:) we wanted to pass the idea on to you.
i like the names matthew and andrew if that helps at all
I told myself the same thing and then I got prego about 2 years sooner than I planned on, I immediately threw all that out the window. I did have to work really hard to break habbits and loose the excess but it all came off so what they hey.
As far as names, I love Zach, Brigham (if we ever have a boy, that'll most likely be his name), and Heber (kind of grandpa-ish)
Oh my word, the conversation kills me! You guys are funny.
Very funny conversation. Nick and I had similar ones...I am no help though, since we have 2 girls I don't have to worry about boy names.
LIZ! Thanks for the recipe site. I'm trying a few this week!
Also..random question. Did/do u ever get leg cramps at night when prego? I have woken up a few nights with them so bad, I scream.....is that normal?
I love pregnancy eating! I'm currently using nursing as my excuse for binging on junk food. Terrible, but what can I say? I got into some terrible eating habits when I was pregnant and they are harder to break than I thought.
As for names... Ben and I fought over names for the whole pregnancy! My favorite boy names were Connor and Matthew. Ben wanted to name him Danger. Luckily for us, we had a girl. :-)
Not to freak you out, but Ez was supposed to be a boy. But it was really hard to come up with a second boy name {the first one I knew long beforehand} We came up with Hunter, but obviously didn't end up using it! Wade was another one on my list...
Post a Comment