Sunday, March 09, 2008

proud and not ashamed

in my family march is a special month because of the ncaa basketball tournament and march madness. every year since i can remember, my brothers have set up brackets and we all put in our votes through to the end and the winner gets a milkshake. it's a fun time to watch a lot of basketball, talk a lot of smack back and forth between my family, and hope your team wins.

well, for the past seven years march has been a special month for another reason: american idol and the top 12! i know, i know, i am blogging about american idol but it's true, i'm a fan. i have watched every season and have a lot of fun memories of watching it with my high school friends, college roommates/friends, my mother-in-law, my sisters, travis who has sat with me probably more than he may admit to liking, and this season, working out and watching with jamie and kristen! tuesdays and wednesdays couldn't be better.

so here is my proposal. i don't really want to take time to set up brackets for american idol (but i'm sure a few of my brothers could figure out a good way to do it so go at it brothers if you feel the need!) but i am interested in everyone's top 5. so, all you AI fans out there, give it to me! (and i know there's a lot of you) if someone happens to get it exaclty right, i'll send you a milkshake!

and, with no further ado, my predicted top 5:




#5 michael johns


#4 Brooke White


#3 Carly Smithson


#2 David Archuletta


#1 David Cook




sidenote(s): a. I would love to see Brooke go further (and not just because she's mormon) because i think she's really good. but i think this is how america will vote. b. i realize that a lot of people really like david a. but i'm not a huge fan. shocker, i know. but i think he'll go far. c. i love jason castro but don't put him in my top five. he's my 6th man vote. i just wish he would get rid of the dreads!



and last but not least, please watch this video of my projected winner. he's amazing.

Eleanor Rigby

16 comments:

Emily said...

I really like your choices, Jamie and I thought it would be so fun to make a wagered guess...I'll think about it and get back to you. But I think you are really close to my prediction! So much fun!

Jill said...

So I have absolutely no idea about AI. I used to watch it ALL of the time in the first few seasons, but the season that Fantasia won I quit. I'm on strike because Latoya London got voted off. Yes, I'm still bitter.

I'll have to tell you all about the first round--seeing as I'LL BE THERE!

Kerry said...

Okay my fav on the show is Chikezie. I don't really think he's the best but he's my fav because I think he's a really nice guy and I'm glad he finally had a good performance last week...unfortunately I don't think he'll make it that far. #5 Chikezie, #4 Ramiele #3 Brooke #2 David #1 Carly Lovin' this season...no NC-ers this year...but that's okay! :) Miss you girl...let's get together soon!

Kerry said...

ps-that's david cook at #2 not the other one...he has a good voice...but i think he's young and scared and nervous.

Alisa said...

yeah liz!! I do'nt have time to read all this right now and listen, but i think david cook is way good!!!

Camie said...

Yes, we are huge American Idol fans this season. We go on and off, but we haven't missed a minute this season!! So I haven't committed yet to my favorites, but I agree with all five of yours, I just don't know the order. I was pretty impressed with Carly Smithson last time--I might be moving her up in my favorites.

Navarro's said...

intersting, I am going to have to blog my top 5. this is a good little wager, I can't wait to see who wins the milk shake!

kristen said...

excuse me? i'm surprisingly surprised at your answers! i didn't know you felt this way about the davids... you know, you can talk to me about these things even if you are a david hater. i'll get back to you about my list... yours looks pretty good. but we'll probably still get a milkshake after we work out. ;)

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

My picks for who will make it to the top five would be the same as yours. They are probably the most talented and fit the american idol image the best in my mind. However I am not a fan of Jason...simply because of his dread's....those have got to go! I can hardly stand to listen to him because of his hair. YUCK!!! :) I'll still be your cousin though... :)

Amy said...

I'd have to agree with your choices. Not sure about the order nesicarily but I like all of those people. I LOVE Brooke and David too (but not because they are mormon. I haven't talked to you for way too long!!

akdoxey said...

I don't really like David, but I too think he'll go far. I like Chickezee, when he picks the right music. I also think Amanda may go far, she's kind of mysterious.

Alisa said...

liz, i just listened to elenor rigby.....wow!! really, i agree with you, it was awesome!!

Elizabeth said...

We're definitely Idol fans this year as well! I support your picks, but have a really hard time with David Cook's hair! It's like he grabbed the grease from a frying pan and smeared it in his hair! Yuck! Good thing for him this isn't a hair competition! Ha!

MishMyBelle said...

Liz! I am obsessed with American Idol this season as well. My top 5 pick are:
1. David Cook
2. Brooke White
3. David A.
4. Carly
5. Jason Castro

My favorite is David Cook's, Hello. It was AMAZING!

p.s. i love that your family gets into March Madness!! I am going to the Duke game, and Arizona Game on Thursday night!

Anonymous said...

You crack me up girl! We've only watched a few episodes this season (gasp!) but at least we have a tv now, so we're making baby steps in the right direction ...

xoxo

Meredith said...

i love american idol, too! i told myself this year i can't get so into that i start skipping things just to watch it...i've been doing pretty well:) here's my prediction, if it's not too late:

1. david archuleta
2. david cook
3. brooke white
4. michael johns
5. carly smithson