Wednesday, March 26, 2008

wild child

i'm pretty sure i've mentioned before that calvin is a little crazy!! he seriously has no fear. the jury is still out as to where he gets this from but trav's mom says it's definitely not from him...

calvin makes me the most nervous at the park because he climbs on everything and wants to do what all the big boys are doing. he doesn't think twice about climbing the stairs and immediatly diving down the slide. i always think it sound so nice to meet up with some friends at the park and chat while our kids run off and play but this NEVER happens for me! while all the other ladies are busy talking i am usually chasing calvin around the playground just in case he decides to dive off the side of it!

takin' a break to give the ladies high five!

13 comments:

Alisa said...

ha ha liz....i still totally laugh as i imagine you running all over the playground while the other moms just sit and chat easily. i love it!! calvin is so funny!

Camie said...

Liz--it always seems like there is this period of every toddler's life that it is just NOT relaxing to take them to the park!! I felt like that last year with Clayton--he was big enough to want to climb everything, but he wasn't smart enough to know what was and wasn't safe! I promise you will enjoy park visits with Calvin--maybe even by the end of this park season! Then you can be one of those moms who sits on a bench and chats! I'm so happy that I'm one of those moms this year. Yay!

Meredith said...

You've definitely got an active little man. You're a great mom though, one day you'll be able to relax on the playground! I love the new look of the blog.

Jill said...

Your boy does sound like a wild child! But extremely entertaining at the same time. Don't you worry, though, by next summer (and maybe even this fall) you'll be the one just sitting there enjoying it all!

Emily said...

Liz,

Last summer, I took Ryan to the park for the first time, he had never gone down a slide before, he went up the stairs and down the slide he went. {And it was a big slide.} I dont get it either, but he thinks he's superman, he dives off of everything.

I remeber travis as a little boy, he was so cautious and just mild mannered and sweet. Go figure!

My husband on the other hand was a terror, so hopefully Ryan is more like me!

Jyl... said...

Hey Liz... I'll definetly add you, but I deleted your comment since your e-mail address was on it. I wrote it down!!! Calvin is a doll. It is fun watching him get bigger. We can't wait till we get to see it in person :)

~JYL~

Navarro's said...

wow your getting fancy on me with this new blog, it looks good. I am so sad that I couldn't go to the park. Ok lets start a count down only 7 more weeks of school then I can play all summer with you guys!!

Amy said...

Liz- where have you been???!??!? I've missed chatting with you this week. OK, so i totally understand this whole park thing and wanting to chat but your dreams of the park being relaxing will come true but probably not until next summer. I remember trying to chase after lucy and then ethan wishing I could be sitting chatting!!! Oh but calvin is so cute. I can't wait to get lucas out to the park he too will be a crazy climber this year.

Ralph and Teresa said...

Elizabeth...Calvin is a doll! I wish I were coming out for a visit like Kari!! I'd love to give him a big hug! What a doll! Love, Grandma C

Cherisa said...

Oh the fun! ;)

Calvin's a true maniac but maybe his little dive off the stage in the gym last week will temper him a little. And I hope his head isn't too much worse for the wear. Aiden likes to push the couch over to my kitchen counter (since we have a "breakfast bar" that looks into the living room) and help himself to whatever happens to be up there- candy, my purse, my cellphone, soda- anything is game!

Aren't you loving your job as the mom???

Cherisa said...

Oh! Almost forgot! Which park is this??? It looks like Aiden would love it!

KIM D said...

I feel your pain, Savanna's the same way--or she just wanders off! One of these days I'll get up there and we can chat while we chase :)

KIM D said...

Did I ever tell you, I'll be in town the 2nd week of July...Chris will be in Norwood for work & we'll tag along to play with YOU!! Yeah!