Monday, January 28, 2008

My class was cancelled this morning last minute so

We will miss you!

President Hinckley is the only Prophet i really have memories of. 13 years as Prophet, decades as an apostle, and a lifetime of dedicated service.
His amazing example and teachings leads me to some personal reflection:
God does guide us, his children today, with a living Prophet, just like Moses, Abraham, Peter, or Alma from times of old - we just need to listen and do!

I have many terrific memories of seeing President Hinckley. One that sticks out in my mind was when i was in a loud stadium of 20,000 people or so as everyone was preparing for a devotional and instantaneously everyone rose silently to pay respect to the Prophet. At the conclusion, again everyone rose and began singing "We thank thee O God for a Prophet" it was a tremendous expression of faith. He will be remembered, revered, and we would be all better to follow his counsel.
On this spiritual note it might be necessary for full disclosure...I am a true blue through and through Mormon to the core...the doctrines, principles, and truths revealed are simply marvelous and have made my life and the lives of others seeking truth more blessed and enriched than they ever could have been otherwise.

If you are unfamiliar with some of the things dear to me as expressed above, feel free to ask me or check them out at mormon.org

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Travis, thanks for your words. I think so many of us share your same love and regard for the amazing man we've been privileged to call our prophet for now 13 years.

Gretchen said...

I bet he and his wife are so happy to be together again. I'm glad for him for that reason.
I read the last post from Liz on randomness and I really enjoyed it. I agree with your dental school survival methods. This area is so fun and there is so much to do if you just get out and do it. Now if only I could be as good as you are about running on the beach. I'm getting a double jogger soon so maybe (when the sun comes out :) we can hit the boardwalk again.

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

Thanks for posting this, Travis.

Amy said...

Thanks travis!