Friday, March 16, 2007

she said i think i'll go to boston

"i think i'll go to boston, i think i'll start a new life..." my song-stuck-in-my-head of the week. I wake up singing this song. I hum it during the day. I go to bed thinking about this song and my own version of the song. Why, you ask? Travis, Calvin and I leave tomorrow and will fly across the entire country back to Boston. It's strange to think about since we've been here for almost 4 months. It's been so nice being here with Trav's family and being close to other family too. The biggest thing, probably, is that Calvin only lived in Boston for the first 4 weeks of his life. Which means that I have had a mother and mother-in-law around since the time he was born! Am I ready to be all by myself as a mommy? I think so. I hope so. I guess we'll see.


We're busy packing today and will be off tomorrow to end the last half of our little dental school adventure. We're excited to get back to our friends again. We're excited to be in our own, little house as a little family again. But, we are really going to miss it here! We like Oregon and have loved living with Trav's family. We will miss it here!


7 comments:

Lindsey said...

time really flies hu! Sounds like you guys had a really great time in Portland. You guys will have so much fun being your own little family again in Boston! I wish we could have seen you guys again before you leave, but oh well. Travel safe!

Janelle said...

That went by fast! Liz, I'm sure you'll do more than fine when you get to Boston being a mom without any motherly help. No doubts here. Calvin is such a lucky little guy!
I'm sure your friends will be happy to have you and Travis back.
Happy travels!
Love,
Janelle

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

Liz, that almost made me cry as I read your blog. It is just nice to have people around while you are at home all day with a baby. Whether they are there all day or not doesn't matter, its just the occassional break in the day to see someone else that helps a lot. However there are many pluses to being on your own too...I'm sure of it. You guys will be more than fine in Boston and will have so many fun things to show Calvin around there. Good luck in your travels tomorrow! Sure do love you!

PS Just two more years and then you are off to Oregon again anyway...right?! That will fly...just as the first two have already.

Amber said...

Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow :-) Looks like we saved some winter weather for you out here, which is good-because I know that you were totally bummed to think you may have missed the entire winter in Boston. If you want a sneak preview of what you are in for-i posted some pictures on our blog of Rachel and Sam playing in the snow.

Katie and Eric said...

Liz...we are excited to have you back in the East with us. Welcome back to winter:).

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I can't wait to have my friend back again. Call me when you get settled - I can't wait to see you and Cal . . .

xoxo,

Reb

Anonymous said...

Liz--you will be amazing! You'll feel so proud of yourself that you can be a mama by yourself. I had a similar situation when Lydia was born--I hadn't been by myself until she was 3 months old, and by then I knew much more what I was doing with her. Hope you travel safely!
Camie